BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Ron Stygar or Maddux Bros, anyone know

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  01silber 
#1 · (Edited)
steering wheel switches

this pic was hijacked from the f.s board but the steering wheel tabs have contols this is the first 3 spoke new style that i have seen with this, is it abale to be added to the z3 to control radio, phone etc...
and andy thanks so much for the hide it worked perfectly i owe you

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Now that's cool!

Even with the little time I spend driving the X5, my first impulse when I want to turn down the radio in either Rdstr is to use my left thumb.

The cruise control I rarely use, and the phone functions would be useless to me too.

Sure would like to wire in one of those left tabs though...

#6 ·
PERGO?

Is that a custom pergo floor I see?

#10 ·
Wheel

Aside from the switches is the position of the spokes different? I would like the 9 and 3 position of the Z3M wheel more towards 8 and 4. I guess I could blank out the switches with Leather Z tabs.

#13 ·
Well i have been researching this alittle at a time, and i have found some intresting info, the switches run on a K-bus and then onto the I-bus , which is how the z3 is wired
the swithes will fit the z3 3 soke wheel , but there is no slip-ring made for this and the vehicles that are made like the new 5er with the 3 spoke and switches dont seem to have a slip ring ( that i can find atleast)
i know the bussiness cd can be wired up to have the tab control volume and mute but cruise i dont know about at all i would assume it could be
if anyone has any ideas as to wire it up so as not to mind while turning im all ears :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.