BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

128i

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Cy3 
#1 ·
Going to look at an 09 128i tomorrow. My 01 330xi has 205K and it is probably time to retire it. The 128i has 55K, one owner as is listed at 19,995. I can get a 2.9 loan so now seems like a good time to make a move. Appreciate any thoughts. Since I rarely post just want to say I started with a 320i back in the day, then a 318i, then the 330xi and since that 2320i have never looked back.

#2 ·
The 1-Series is a fun car. The only one I've driven was a 135i convertible. It's more connected than the E92 335i, but it was still kind of... numb. It's still nothing like the E46 in terms of giving you feedback on what the car wants, but you can still tell where the limits are. The backseats are NOT passenger friendly. I'm unsure of the 128i, but the 135i was a friggin' rocket. With myself and two decent passengers (~200 lbs. each), it still shoved me back in the seat. The only thing that worries me is the turbo system. I don't think the non-turbo models have any issues, though.

#3 · (Edited)
A 128i is comparable to an E46 330 in performance. Its about the only late model BMW I could see myself owning - one of the last naturally aspirated inline sixes.

#5 ·
What kind of transmission does the 128 you're looking at have? The steptronic is a little anemic, a manual would give you the ability to get more of the N51/52. The sport package would also help close the gap to your previous 330.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.