BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2006 650i fuse diagram

28K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  Hsurf 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I am new here. I bought 650i last month, I love the car :)
but yesterday the trunk release stop working. I have to use the key to open it, I hope its just the fuse.
Does anyone know which fuse it can be? I dont have the diagram...
Thanks a lot!

#2 · (Edited)
Here you go, this is the fuse diagram for the 650 that I scanned in a prior thread, please note that the 645 has a different fuse layout. I believe the trunk fuse is 55/61 in the first chart. These are the fuses in the trunk. The BMW icons blow, best I can tell is that location, it is on the right side, third from the bottom. Shows an SUV with it's trunk open.

Here is the other half of the fuse diagram, these are the fuses in the glove box, since you don't have a diagram you now have a complete listing:

#7 ·
Here you go, this is the fuse diagram for the 650 that I scanned in a prior thread. I believe the trunk fuse is 55/61 in the first chart. These are the fuses in the trunk. The BMW icons blow, best I can tell is that location, it is on the right side, third from the bottom. Shows an SUV with it's trunk open.

Here is the other half of the fuse diagram, these are the fuses in the glove box, since you don't have a diagram you now have a complete listing:

Very nice!

BTW - Pavel this chart is kept in the trunk in a little slot near the battery. I don't think I'll ever look at mine again now the Mark has given me a copy I can read :thumbup:

#6 ·
I just checked the fuses ( both good) and that "hotel" function is deactivated. It has to be something else. Maybe the mechanism itself because the emblem on the trunk is tilting without resistance, not as it was before.
Thank you guys anyway.
I saw a used one on eBay for sale

#9 ·
I would suggest at this point, to see if the truck mechanism is stuck in the open mode with a VOM. This would allow you to open & close the trunk emblem, & watching the VOM react between open & closed. You could also use the VOM to measure voltage at the plug, to determine if it is getting power.

Good Luck!

#10 ·
Had this happen to me not to long ago I put everything and pictures on the forum. Does your remote button work when you push the trunk button?
I traced it to the wires that go from body to trunk lid the loom that is on the passenger side protected with rubber. I found wires broken inside, I traced it for days.
If you have no voltage at the connector to the latch or weird voltage then the wire is broken.

#13 ·
On one of the wires on the connector, you should see 12v whenever the button is pushed to open the trunk via remote or inside the car button. If you don't see 12volts but just random voltage then you will have to keep looking the problem is somewhere else.

#17 · (Edited)
You said you had 12v??? What you need to do is check if the voltage is coming when the button is pushed can't remember which color wire but at rest it should read 0V. One guy holds the meter leads another pushes the button, either inside the car or the remote. That's when you will see the voltage shoot up to 12v then back to zero. If you have that voltage then maybe your ground wire is broken instead of the power wire.

Check out my old thread when this happened to me look at the pics :http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616233

#19 ·
Pav. Ok so when the button is pushed on any of the 12v lines does the voltage Change at all? Also ohm out the ground wire to make sure it has proper ground. The first thing between the latch trunk is a noise filter pics on my old thread I sent In my last post. Might try seeing the voltage on that too.
Beware that if you take the filter out you can put it in backwards and it won't work label it before you pluck it.
Just remember that on the latch connector you need to see something happen when the button is pushed either voltage appear or disappear can't remember which one just so you know the signal is getting there.

To rule the relay on the circuit board you should hear a click noise when the button is pushed close to the glove box. If you hear it then you know that part is good.

Also try to exercise the valet key latch a few times don't know if you used it recently maybe it hung up.

Hope this helps I'll search for the diagram since online TIS is gone!

#20 ·
Yesterday I checked if the sound is coming from the glove box when I press the trunk button and yes, it's small "click" not too noisy but hearable. On Saturday I will check one more time if there is any change on the connector voltage when I press the button. I'm not sure now, because last time when I was checking that, I was alone and it was quite difficult to do that alone.
I'll let you know :)

#21 ·
It is hard you are right it's easier if you
use paper clips to probe and alligator clips clipped to your meter. Then you can just push the trunk release on your remote and watch the voltage change if any.
Try your valet key lock before you do anything it will take only a minute.
Remember basic troubleshooting always do the easy stuff first.

#23 ·
I'm sorry I mean the valet key lock.
It's in the cup holder storage behind your arm rest.
See attached photo that key hole is used to lock your trunk and glove box when you don't want people to get in, like in a parking garage. You remove your metal key keep it with and you give the parking attendant your remote.
Anyway that can stop your trunk from opening thinking its in lock mode.
Hope that makes sense if not let me know I'll help you till you fix it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.