BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

550 M Sport worth it?

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  AggieKnight 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone...Happy New Year. I'm looking to buy a used 2011/2012 550i and am wondering if the M Sport is worth it or will I be content with the sports package. I love the look with the M Sports, but they are hard to come by with all the options I want and harder in the color I want.

Any thoughts/comments are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

#15 ·
Ditto.

I don't care for the look of the 5 series w/out the M-Sport.

With the M-sport, I've seen people stop on the street, point and stare at the car (seriously, happened while driving into Vienna).

#3 ·
Same here. The M Sport look was a must. I would have passed on the car without it.

#6 ·
I have to agree. I would not have gotten a 550 without the m package and would not get a 650 without it either. The appearance is the obvious reason because the none m package models, IMO, look like a catfish. I could not get past that image. The double clutch sports transmission is another reason. And the optional "woven" aluminum trim was another thing that I liked. Again, it's all about personal preferences. In the end they are all great cars

#7 ·
Thanks guys. I'm really keen on the M Sports looks, so I'll hold-off until I find what I'm looking for.

Thanks Again

#8 ·
Big M Sport fan here as well.

However, it depends on what you want out of the car. I found that M Sport cars were SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive on the Used Market than equal mileage non M Sport cars (equal model ranges). In some cases well over $10 as there just isn't enough of them on sale (a good thing for those who have it).

#14 ·
And for '13 I've come to find out you now get a dedicated "M Steel Suspension". I could have sworn my '13 feels tighter and sportier than the '12 M Sport I drove last year, now seemingly due to that since I've come to find it out.... but would really love to drive all 3 535i M Sport years back to back to see what's what.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.