BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

iPhone 5 Bluetooth issues

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  mpabner 
#1 ·
Whenever my partner uses his iPhone to search on Google, or texting, Bluetooth will kick in and throughout the entire car all you here is "click, click, click" as he types on the keys. My iPhone does not do this. Have tried looking throughout the me us for settings. There is nothing in Bluetooth that helps. Has anyone had this and fixed it?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#2 ·
Tell your partner to click the phone over to silent, the key tapping noise stops... There should also be a setting in the idrive as to having the phone set up for actual phone use or just music (this might depend on your idrive version), the silent setting on your iPhone should work the easiest though! :)

#4 ·
Whenever my partner uses his iPhone to search on Google, or texting, Bluetooth will kick in and throughout the entire car all you here is "click, click, click" as he types on the keys. My iPhone does not do this. Have tried looking throughout the me us for settings. There is nothing in Bluetooth that helps. Has anyone had this and fixed it?

Another '14 space grey in Tampa huh? :) I'll have to keep my eye out for you. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.