BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Let`s get Smolck headers for Christmas

6K views 70 replies 25 participants last post by  sara331 
#1 ·
OK, folks,

In the spirit of the season, and to support the camaraderie of the E46 Forum, I`m putting out the idea of getting some (badly-needed) headers for Smolck. For those who may not be aware, he has helped many people from this forum (and others), often traveling to their homes, and working on their cars for free....THAT shows a lot of heart !
And, being a single-income Dad with 4 kids, you know money is tighter than a snail`s ass....
I believe in the "Pay It Forward" concept....it helps to make the world a better place. We have a chance to repay him for his kindness and generosity, so, let`s do it....

I will collect any donation (no matter how small or how large) via my PayPal account, and transfer the funds to Smolck on Christmas Eve. I will make the first donation to kick things off. Please mark it "Gift for Smolck". My PayPal info: archerenterprises77@gmail.com

TIA,

Bob

#5 ·
Bob,

I ain't got the words for you and all the people here. I am speechless. Seriously, I have no idea what to say. :bow:
What goes around, comes around, my boy.... :thumbup:

#6 ·
Screw that....read her The Riot Act.....tell her she`s lucky you`re not spending it all on hookers & blow.... :bigpimp:

#10 ·
Gift on it's way! Shad has helped me too many times to count. If anyone deserves it, it's him.

#12 · (Edited)
Donation sent. Merry Christmas Smolk, I think I speak for most when I say that your cavalier attitude and overall knowledge of these cars has helped me out on more than a handful of occasions over the past few years. I am glad to donate to the cause to keep you around for a few more!

Happy holidays to everyone.

#13 · (Edited)
I am humbled guys. Merry Christmas back to all of you. If I can do anything for any of you, I will.

I know it is not unique to me, but just yesterday I was telling my wife how much Christmas has become a chore. So hard to deliver "the goods" for kids these days. When I was 9 years old (like my youngest son) I wanted G.I. Joe guys. He wants a LAPTOP! Anyways, I was complaining to my wife saying I can't wait for this to be over.

Then you guys come along (as you have in the past) and bring the magic back to Christmas for me. I feel like a kid again.

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU ALL!

#19 ·
Do a detailed header install when you replace them on your car, and I'll be satisfied :). I plan on doing the job when it gets warmer out. And could use something with a bit more detail than what's out there in the E46 community already :thumbup:.

#21 ·
Smolck also writes an exceptionally well-written blog; check it out. I'm sending in a small contribution to defray his journalistic expenses (or buy headers, whichever has higher priority).

#25 ·
Gift will be sent.. I am also a single income dad but of two.. I know how it is..

I hope santa will put me on his good boy list and give me that Koenigsegg i want..

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
You don't want a Koenigsegg. It's a pos from what my friend tells me. He likes his Bugatti Veyron 10x more.

#42 ·
#32 ·
Lol yeah.

Like Malibu said srry smolck not thread jacking..

That veyron looks nice.. So does that koenigsegg.. Is that a Phantom??? I think i just came a lil...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Yeah Phantom with Mansory body kit.

#47 ·
Just want to again say thanks to all involved. I went out today to take the car for a spin. It is making a weird popping noise through the exhaust. I am starting to think I may have melted off a piece of the cat that is stuck somewhere in the exhaust. I will have to park it for now, it is insane how hot the engine bay is getting.

Without you all and your kindness, I would be seriously hosed. I just want to thank you all again!

#48 ·
Just want to again say thanks to all involved. I went out today to take the car for a spin. It is making a weird popping noise through the exhaust. I am starting to think I may have melted off a piece of the cat that is stuck somewhere in the exhaust. I will have to park it for now, it is insane how hot the engine bay is getting.

Without you all and your kindness, I would be seriously hosed. I just want to thank you all again!
No worries man!. Glad we can all help. You've helped us all SO much on the forums it's hard to explain in words. I wish you and your family a very happy Christmas.

And Taco above posted a enjoyable pic of a whore so that's always nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.