BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bug Deflector for 01 X5 & Skid Guard

Tags
acessories
3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  maintainer747 
#1 ·
I have seen many X5's with bug deflectors on their hoods. There is even one for sale on this site but for the 03 - 06 model....I thought the the E53's were basically the same?? why would the 03 model have the capability of mounting a bug deflector and the 01 model not?

Are the hoods interchangeable? meaning if I go and purchase a 03 model hood would it fit on my 01 X5?

Next I am wanting to find where I can purchase a skid guard for the front bumper.....any recommendations?

#2 ·
I have seen many X5's with bug deflectors on their hoods. There is even one for sale on this site but for the 03 - 06 model....I thought the the E53's were basically the same?? why would the 03 model have the capability of mounting a bug deflector and the 01 model not?

Are the hoods interchangeable? meaning if I go and purchase a 03 model hood would it fit on my 01 X5?

Next I am wanting to find where I can purchase a skid guard for the front bumper.....any recommendations?
Not sure about the hood. It might work.
About skid guard: the decorative plastic one is no longer available. The real metal one is very expensive (>$1000)

#8 ·
What are you planning on doing at this point? Will it cost more to order from Germany? I guess you would have to pay more for shipping.

#9 ·
Shipping charges

I am negotiating that currently. the additional charge would be $4.25 more, for a total of $11.25 added to the purchase price of $214.25. I have no issue paying the additional amount but to me it is a matter of principle. I order the part w/shipping and paid what their website asked for, now they are asking me to pay the additional ( I know not very much at all) but I believe that they should cover this because I ordered and paid in good faith. Sometimes it is not about the money but the treatment of your customer. I informed them that many people are waiting on my recommendation of their service in providing the Skid plate; So I will keep you and this forum updated so that you will be able to inform the other X5 group you referred to earlier in this thread.

Make no orders until this one is solved so we can see what type of organization we are dealing with.

#10 ·
I have to admit when I am wrong

TMV you called it. they just replied to me and basically said disregard what our website states. If you want this item (which is a plastic decorative skid plate) They want $59.00 to ship it.....they are crazy....I have bought items that were real steel and had them shipped for 1/3rd the price they are requesting....I just canceled the order....oh well it was just for looks anyway.

So you can tell everyone that this place is rip city..... and although there is one born every minute, I am not there sucker.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.