BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Nav DVD gives error message...

3K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Andrewadams211 
#1 ·
Anyone seen this message? I used a DVD cleaning disc multiple times, but no luck. The Nav disc was purchased from a member on the site.
Screen Electronics Technology Electronic device Display device

Electronics Screen Electronic device Technology Multimedia

These are the messages I receive.

Incidentally, the original DVD that came with the car does work.

The vehicle is a 06' 750Li
Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
If the DVD is in the Navi unit then it looks like you need to replace the laser lens in the Navi unit itself.

#4 ·
You can send the unit out for repair if you are unsuccessful at attempting to replace the lens your self.

#6 ·
If the old disk works but the new one doesn't, I don't think you need a laser repair. After thinking some more about it, you might need to upgrade the firmware to use a more recent disk. Look for the v.32 firmware instructions - I think you can find them in the DIY section.

#7 ·
most copies dont work, use an original disc.

#13 ·
Ok, went to Tom Bush BMW in Jacksonville to purchase the firmware update that this site says can be had for $10. Not according to Tony, their "expert". He will not sell the update but will install it for 1 hour labor, or $125. Nice...btw, the links in the firmware upgrade instructions don't work, so I'm unable to burn a CD. Is the upgrade disc available for purchase elsewhere? Thx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.