BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Hotel Options

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Ty Vil 
#1 ·
The Seattle 7s and Seattle 5 are organizing a caravan from the Seattle area. So far we have 6 confirmed and 3 tentative. I'm hoping that these figures will increase. We will all need someplace to stay overnight and we may want to look into getting a group discount.

Has anyone considered contacting local hotels to set up a group rate? If you add in all of the other people from other areas, this could be a sizable amount of business.

Can anyone suggest some local hotels that are nearby?

Thanks!

#3 ·
Clem said:
Rob from Tunerworks is looking into hotel option and I am hoping to annouce the information soon.
This is true! I am working on two diffeent options, one for the Ritz crowd and one for the Motel 6 lovers ;) Rest assured that we will have a place for you guys to stay!
FYI, both hotels will be within 5mins of the shop, and the shop is very close to downtown and other tourist type stuff.

Stay tuned...

Rob

#4 ·
Hotel stop

FI you guys would like, I work part time at a local hotle in Regina, but they should offer a discount, and considering that the Calgary Stampede is not till the week after, I can't see why we should not be able to get a spot. It's placed near to the East Trans Canada entrance, and is close to all of the freeways around Calgary
I'll post any info I can get

#7 ·
Tunerworks said:
This is true! I am working on two diffeent options, one for the Ritz crowd and one for the Motel 6 lovers ;) Rest assured that we will have a place for you guys to stay!
FYI, both hotels will be within 5mins of the shop, and the shop is very close to downtown and other tourist type stuff.

Stay tuned...

Rob
Could you provide the address of your shop/where the event takes place, so that I can book an accomodation nearby. I don't wish to wait until the last minute to do this as I want to finalize other plans for the days surrounding the event.

#9 ·
M.Wong said:
Still looking for any lodging information or suggestions... thanks! :)
Our inquires aren't generating much of a response. I looked up the Tuner Works web site and got their address, but I can't locate it on my AAA Calgary map. Near as I can determine is that it's on the south side of downtown. :dunno: If I could figure out where this event was going to take place (street directions), I could look up the hotel options in the vicinity in the AAA tour book.

#10 ·
Well, Im kinda getting anxious..... and I really want to get a hotel room booked soon just so I can feel comfortable in knowing that it's all taken care of already.

I personally wanted to stay in a nicer hotel when Im down there while Im down there so I was thinking of the Delta Bow Valley.

I checked out the distance between it and tunerworks..... which seems relatively close (8 minute trip according to mapquest.com)

Mapquest link

anyways. I just called in and made my reservation. I booked a premiere suite for ThUrsday the 24th and friday the 25th (as I am leaving for home after 'fest on Saturday) and it ran me $234cad the first night and $154 the second night... 2 double beds, Premiere upgraded room. The Rates are as follows though over the Friday and Saturday night.
Premier rooms $144Cad
Standard rooms $119 Cad

Anyways. If you guys are going to book reservations there.... just give them my name: Senad Mujcin (pronounced "Sinad Moichin") and ask to be located closer to my room. So we can arrange to have some large festivities night before and what not.

Anyways. If you guys do reserve rooms there...... let me know who you are...... and we'll be sure to meet up down there. Feel free to PM me.

by the way, their reservation number is 1-877-814-7706.
Senad

#11 ·
A few of us from Seattle have reservations at the Holiday Inn at 4206 Macleod Trail South. According to the sticky post above, "you can see the event from this hotel."

If you make an "advance purchase" now, it is $86.43 (CAD) per room per night plus a 12% tax. A little less 'Ritz' sounding than yours, Senad, but it looks clean and is situated close to the event.

Holiday Inn "CALGARY-MACLEOD TRAIL SOUTH"

#12 ·
M.Wong said:
A few of us from Seattle have reservations at the Holiday Inn at 4206 Macleod Trail South. According to the sticky post above, "you can see the event from this hotel."

If you make an "advance purchase" now, it is $86.43 (CAD) per room per night plus a 12% tax. A little less 'Ritz' sounding than yours, Senad, but it looks clean and is situated close to the event.

Holiday Inn "CALGARY-MACLEOD TRAIL SOUTH"

No worries Wong, Looks like they are only like 5 minutes away from each other anyways..... when it comes closer to the event time..... we'll all need to arrange some sort of festivities on the friday night so we can all get to know each other!

:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.