BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Buying 04 645ci

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  pablo645 
#1 ·
What's going on? I'm new to the forum and I have a few questions.
Thoughts on purchasing an 04' 645ci with 44k miles for the price of $19k?
The "Auto Check" vehicle report checked out clean with a score of 95 (higher than average of that age). This will be my first BMW and I'm coming from a Dodge Magnum.
This will be a present for myself for completing 7 years in the Navy successfully.

Thanks for the advice and help in advance.

-Justin

#3 ·
If you are able to purchase a newer model, avoid the 04 model. This is the 1st year that the 645 was made. There were a lot of bugs to worry about. Not all 04's have problems, but try for an 05 or newer if possible. Every trip to the BMW dealer will probably cost around 800.00 or more. You are getting a fairly good deal, just informing you about repair expenses on a BMW. I would search the forum for common repair cost.

Good Luck!

#4 ·
HerbP and Bimmer4341 thanks for your responses. I'd definitely love to go for a newer model. I've been told to find a good independent repair shop and also to look into an aftermarket warranty. I'm taking my time with my purchase, I want this to be a good sound choice.

#7 ·
Hi Justin. Look in the sticky "looking to purchase a 6" above and it contains all kinds of information that will help you decide. My first 6 was the 04 model manual shift. Damn solid and never had any issues others may have had with their 04. Like with everything, it comes down to how good the car was kept and what sort of abuse it may have had. Getting a good after market warranty is sound advise because not because you are now buying for $19K, it's still maintained as a $80k car. Good luck on your purchase and thanks for your service to this country my friend. The 6 would be a nice gift to give to yourself after all that stress. :thumbup:

#9 ·
I used to have an 05' 545 with the same engine for a year...neevr left the shop, ai am glad it had CPO otherwise would of been around 5'gs to fix in 1 year. I got a 2008 650i about to spend 600bux on replacing new battery.....better make sure you got money to maintain it, especially if the computer fails.....

#11 ·
Hey Grpre95, you may want to check around to get a better price. That is the dealer price I bet. If you know of a good indy shop in your area, you may want to have them do it for you. The battery for the 6 is more available now from other places so you are not limited to getting it from the dealer. the issue is getting it registered and if you know of a good shop that works on BMW they should be able to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.