BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Former Coding thread - Closed

734K views 3K replies 702 participants last post by  Almaretto 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#131 ·
Yes in most of the cases it's true. New data sets generally support old ilevels too. If you code and find some missing cafd files, we can possibly find those files and add to your data sets. This is the reason, new data sets are getting bigger and bigger.

#135 · (Edited)
OBD2 to RJ45 cable

Hi folks. I wanted to ask if you guys think this cable will work for coding my 2013 535i.

Link

Or if one of you guys bought your cable elsewhere and know for sure that it works, would you mind telling me where you got yours from?

Thanks a lot. _sl_

#136 ·
Hi folks. I wanted to ask if you guys think this cable will work for coding my 2013 535i.

Link

Or if one of you guys bought your cable elsewhere and know for sure that it works, would you mind telling me where you got yours from?

Thanks a lot. _sl_
No. The Pinout on the ScanGaugeII Cable is totally different. Compare it to the ENET Cable Pinout and you can easily see that:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=327692&d=1338725691

Look here for you best ENET Cable Options:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638009&highlight=enet+cable

#137 ·
Let me summarize the coding steps: experts please confirm...

1. Launch E Sys
2. "Connect"
3. Open Connection via VIN to the appropriate Chassis series (F001/F010 etc)
4. "Read" (below vehicle order)
5. "Read VCM"
6. Select CAFD from appropriate module and "Read coding Data"
7. Close Error Report
8. Select CAFD child and "Edit FDL"
9. Edit values
10. Save
11. Back
12. Activate FA
13. Select the relevant CAFD and "Code FDL"
14. Close Coding window
15. Close Error Report

Repeat steps 6 to 15 for as many modules to be coded.
Once all done,

16. Disconnect
17. Close E Sys

#138 ·
Looks right, except I am not sure what you mean by Error Report in 7 and 15.

#142 ·
what is a cafd child?

Let me summarize the coding steps: experts please confirm...

1. Launch E Sys
2. "Connect"
3. Open Connection via VIN to the appropriate Chassis series (F001/F010 etc)
4. "Read" (below vehicle order)
5. "Read VCM"
6. Select CAFD from appropriate module and "Read coding Data"
7. Close Error Report
8. Select CAFD child and "Edit FDL" What do you mean with cafd child? when cafd text turns yellow?
9. Edit values
10. Save
11. Back
12. Activate FA
13. Select the relevant CAFD and "Code FDL"
14. Close Coding window
15. Close Error Report

Repeat steps 6 to 15 for as many modules to be coded.
Once all done,

16. Disconnect
17. Close E Sys
what is a cafd child?

#143 ·
#146 · (Edited)
No, just turn the ignition on. Don't start the car.

Keeping in mind that keeping ignition on drains the battery, try to switch the daytime running lights off, switch radio off, music off...

Other reason to keep the engine off is that running engine produces heavy RF noise which might affect the coding signals if the system is not properly grounded and shielded.

#149 ·
This step of keeping the ignition ON is very important. I mean Ignition ON from Cold start.

This is what happened with me.
I turned the Ignition ON and started coding. after a few ones, i started the engine to test them. went for a ride around the neighborhood, returned happily and switched off the engine.

Started coding again. - Mistake.
In 3 minutes or so, my Ignition went off (as per the normal operation of the car)

I was in the middle of the coding!!! i started the ignition ON again but got errors in Error Report of step 15.

I just prayed to all heavens, disconnected the ESys, connected it again and went through the coding steps. i saw that the value was still nicht active, so changed it to activ and completed the remaining steps . thank god, everything went well.

Moral - Ignition needs to be switched ON from Cold start. not the one subsequent to the Engine OFF.

Happy Coding! :)

#151 ·
I don't worry about it. As long as I have been coding, 9 months now, I always code my car, and I have coded probably 50 others, all with the car on and the engine fully running (EXCEPT if I am coding the DME module).

I have never had any issue with coding and excess noise, and I do not have to worry about proper voltage being maintained on the car, plus I get the added benefit of active HVAC.

IMHO there is nothing worse than inadequate voltage during coding, and it is a much greater threat than noise introduced by the engine.

#158 ·
I don't worry about it. As long as I have been coding, 9 months now, I always code my car, and I have coded probably 50 others, all with the car on and the engine fully running (EXCEPT if I am coding the DME module).

I have never had any issue with coding and excess noise, and I do not have to worry about proper voltage being maintained on the car, plus I get the added benefit of active HVAC.

IMHO there is nothing worse than inadequate voltage during coding, and it is a much greater threat than noise introduced by the engine.
I would feel safer coding with the engine running as the DRL's come on with the ignition, but I'm not sure what is part of the DME module. Would the auto start/stop be in there?

#154 · (Edited)
I was able to install all the software, connect to the car, make a backup of the existing CAF files, find and modify the module I wanted to, saved, ran the coding and got the confirmation messages. I then disconnected waited a few minutes and locked/unlocked the car but I am not noticing the changes.....are these some of the coding changes that takes 30+ min to resolve? I also verified my new backup files had a module with a later time so it looks like my changes got saved.

EDIT: went for a test drive and they both worked! Auto Stop/Start was off at the first stop sign I reached and the driver door unlocked when I turned the car off. It appears you need to go drive it to notice the changes as it appears the door needs to kick into LOCK by itself at 20mph or whatever for it to auto UNLOCK to kick in. Sweet. Look forward to making more changes.

I suggest any new coders who are having concerns to try these two changes first as they are in the same module and easy to find/modify and also to PRINT out the instructions and take your time, there is a lot of stuff to digest.

CAS
3000 TC
TC_MSA_MEMORY
aktiv / Werte=01
Sets car's Auto Start/Stop function to start in the last used setting (e.g. Off) when the engine is started

CAS
3002 CLM
ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR
aktiv / Werte=01
Unlocks doors when engine is stopped (start/stop button is pushed). Allows single pull to open doors.

EDIT2: went back in to code the IDrive "disclaimer" off and was able to do so with no problems. Sweet!

HU_CIC (2013 will have HU_NBT instead!)
3001 EXBOX
LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME
kein_ld

#156 ·
Hi, thats my first reply in this forum. I'm looking vor psdzdata-files, version 47.4 or 47.5 (if exists) because my F11 from 4/2011 just got an update at BMW. Can anybody help me with a link to download the file(s)?

Thank you!
I'm sorry, but I can't. RapidShare deleted my account and all my files.

#159 ·
The 47.5 PSdZData set is 15 GB. PM me with the details of what you are proposing.

#166 · (Edited)
Can a vehicle be programmed "remotely" ?? Vehicle in one state, programmer in another state.:dunno:
It can be done remotely via an RDC Client like TeamViewer so long as the person receiving the coding has a working E-Sys Setup and ENET Cable and can connect to the car while still holding an Internet Connection.

#169 ·
Since my RapidShare cancellation and deletion of all my files, someone else will need to step up...

#172 ·
Please pm me with link. Thanks guys!

#177 ·
Huge thanks to Telefax for sharing this and providing the files.
I've never created a torrent before, this is my first one, so hopefully it works.
The torrent file can be downloaded from here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/alj2fb

I'm leaving my computer on with it seeding so hopefully we can get the ball rolling for everyone. Let me know how it works. Thanks!
Download now. Does not increase from 0%.Torrent seems to be turned off.Please keep seeding.
Thank you so much.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.