BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Munich to Paris

10K views 54 replies 16 participants last post by  640GC 
#1 ·
Planning to do 2 weeks in Europe, flying into Munich and making my way to Paris (dropoff). Any must see sights along the way? Would like to visit small towns in Germany and Paris. Want to see Frankfurt as well. Any thoughts?

#44 ·
If you want to drive to Stutgart, you can drive much faster going A96 instead of A8 through Augsburg. Driving anywhere during high traffic times in Germany - its just like the US. Best to drive early in the AM on weekends. Paris is like driving in any other city. I had bad luck with the Westin valet, I would park myself next time.

#45 ·
In Rheims if you want affordable but gorgeous go to hotel de la paix. It is actually a best western but it is in the heart of town and all the locals rave about it. Of course there are the castle hotels as well like the crayeres etc. but those are more than double in price. We booked through Amex and of upgraded to a suite at no extra cost.

In the Alsace I had got recommended the kanzel hotel and residences. This was my favorite location of the trip.

#46 ·
Great advices so far. I'm doing all the hotels that monkeyc is suggesting. Is Loire valley ways away from Normandy?

A96 to goto Stuttgart. Any advice for a Black Forest route into Strasbourg?

#47 · (Edited)
Loire Valley is about 1.5 hours out of the way.

Honestly, I'm a WWII history buff type, my Grandfather was in D-Day at Utah beach - Normandy is anti-climatic. If you want to eat and drink and check out lots of old places, Loire Valley is more interesting by a wide margin.

I've only driven to Strasbourg via Stutgart. The Autobahn on the German side of the Rhein was completely torn up and diverted when I was last there in June-near Offenbach. Hellacious traffic...smart to take back roads.

#49 ·
Stuttgart to Strasbourg is through the Black Forest right? Here's what I have so far. Need to book hotels soon.

Munich -3 days
Stuttgart -1 day
Strasbourg/Alsace -3 days
Normandy -1day
Loire valley -3 says
Paris -4 days

I'm considering 3 days in Loire valley then head into Paris for drop off.

Can I have the pin/chip sent to London?

#54 ·
Got a question. If we are going from Munich to Florence, which city is worth staying at on the way? Innsbruck, Bolzano, or Trento?

#55 · (Edited)
We enjoyed the Le Meridian, Munich as well. Breakfast was a little crazy but the spread was impressive. It was much calmer at the Westin, Milan which was our stop over point between Munich and Florence. Lake Como would be another great option. We stayed in Milan as we went to see the Last Supper by Davinchi. Info about Munich, Milan and Florence is in our trip report.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.