BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How much does a BMW tech make a year?

17K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dannyc9997 
#1 ·
We were having a discussion and I want to know roughly what they make a year.

#5 ·
Depends on what level you are, how long you have been in the field, how many ASE certifications you have, etc. A buddy of mine is a level one tech and just got hired for his first job at 24 dollars an hour. And that's here in Florida. Cost of living isn't to expensive. Not bad for a 21 year old who hasn't worked in the field more than but 6 months. Also, that's 24 dollars an hour flat rate. If the book says it takes 6 hours to complete a certain job, and you do it in 5, you still get paid for 6 hours. How fast you work will determine how much you make. If you are just some joe shmo who never went to school for automotive, have no ASE certs, are not a certified BMW tech (be it level 1, 2, 3, or 4) you will just be a lube tech forever making 12 bucks an hour. With all of this said, I have seen master BMW techs make north of 100 grand a year.

#6 ·
my bro makes about 40k at a Nissan dealer. He's 24. He took automotive in high school. Also learned a lot from our dad who is an ASE master tech.

Alot of dealerships use "teams." So however many hours of labor your team does everyone splits it. Kinda screws the guy busting his butt bit it does help when you have a slow week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.