BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

'12 650xi Coupe ----> '13 650xi GC

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  640GC 
#1 ·
Well, gents (and ladies?), I took delivery of my GC yesterday, thus ending my year with the 6er Coupe. I'm elated with the switch so far, but don't think you'll be getting rid of me quite so easily. We're all in love with 6ers, after all.

(And you should check out the GC board occasionally, too!)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks.

Drive and handling wise, I don't feel a lot of difference. Of course, the engine upgrade is nice and certainly noticeable. It seems smoother overall, too. No difference in exhaust note that I've noticed. Of course, I've again opted for a non-MSport in part because of the exhaust note.

There's a detectable difference in seating position that's interesting to me. I copied my settings, including the seat settings, from the old car to the new one, but something is still different... a bit more sedan-like and upright than I tended to sit in the Coupe. I'd read somewhere that the seats in the GC are bolted in an inch or two higher than the Coupe/Vert, so maybe that's it.

And three big cheers for Individual leather. The Canyon Brown is gorgeous... and leather everywhere.

#5 ·
From your avatar picture it is hard to tell the color of the GC it looks much whiter than your coupe. Is it the same color?

Over Thanksgiving we spent time in Minneapolis helping my brother-in-law look for a new car. While in the BMW dealership I saw a Space Gray GC with a black interior. I think I made my decision for the next car.

#6 ·
From your avatar picture it is hard to tell the color of the GC it looks much whiter than your coupe. Is it the same color?

Over Thanksgiving we spent time in Minneapolis helping my brother-in-law look for a new car. While in the BMW dealership I saw a Space Gray GC with a black interior. I think I made my decision for the next car.
It's Titanium Silver... as always.

#8 ·
Couple more shots...

Attachments

#11 ·
I actually say in the back of a Jaguar XJ (not XJL) yesterday, and I had headroom issues in the back of that car similar to the GC - and legroom in that short wheelbase XJ only afforded me about 1" more than the GC. Pretty impressive since the XJ is classified as a luxury sedan and the GC is a coupe that took some little blue pills.

#12 ·
Yeah, I think I'm going to be very happy with the change. I was contemplating going back to a 7er (I've owned a handful of them over the years), but I just wasn't ready to give up everything I love(d) about the 6er. My hope is that this will be the perfect win-win compromise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.