BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Solved my bluetooth woes!

914 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Pilgrim 
#1 ·
When I was ordering my car I made a few omissions and decided to skim on options since in my mind I was getting a drivers car.
So the bluetooth was removed from the options list. Little did I know that people want to talk to me when I am driving :dunno: To solve the dilemma of missed calls (no, I am not holding my phone while driving, and in-ear bluetooth piece is not really my thing) I ordered Jabra Journey http://www.jabra.com/products/speakerphones/jabra_journey/jabra_journey via Groupon for $40.
The install - well just charged it, and attached to the sun visor (at least sun visors are standard equipment) and paired with my iPhone. The sound clarity is excellent, the microphone pics up little to no background noise, and it also integrates with Siri for voice commands :thumbup:
The unit sits almost flush with the visor, and unless you are looking for it outside the car it's not noticeable.
One more point, the design is sleek, and does not present an eye sore!

Now I can be reached while I am driving, what the hell did I do??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

#2 ·
Next time get a fully-optioned car and stop listening to others! ;)

No offense to the "old school" mentality around here, but automotive enhancements, in the form of basic conveniences, should not be frowned upon.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#3 ·
When I was ordering my car I made a few omissions and decided to skim on options since in my mind I was getting a drivers car.
So the bluetooth was removed from the options list. Little did I know that people want to talk to me when I am driving :dunno: To solve the dilemma of missed calls (no, I am not holding my phone while driving, and in-ear bluetooth piece is not really my thing) I ordered Jabra Journey http://www.jabra.com/products/speakerphones/jabra_journey/jabra_journey via Groupon for $40.
The install - well just charged it, and attached to the sun visor (at least sun visors are standard equipment) and paired with my iPhone. The sound clarity is excellent, the microphone pics up little to no background noise, and it also integrates with Siri for voice commands :thumbup:
The unit sits almost flush with the visor, and unless you are looking for it outside the car it's not noticeable.
One more point, the design is sleek, and does not present an eye sore!
Good Lord. Possibly you have ID'd a system so superior to BMW's as to make it irrelevant.

Find, have always found, BMW's hands-free setup mediocre at best....and just try to talk top-down....

#4 ·
#6 · (Edited)
I use a BlueAnt hands free unit - they work great with my Android. All the BlueAnt stuff seems to work very well. Got two of them via Ebay and use them in various cars.

My wife's 09 328 coupe has an excellent Bluetooth that works as well or better, but if you didn't get it from the factory the sun visor units work well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.