BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cobrajetken 
#1 ·
:dunno:I have a 1986 325. I lost the rear brakes. The master cylinder was leaking from the rear seal and I had zero pressure to the rear brakes. I put in a new master cylinder and proceedied to bleed the brakes. Still no pressure to rear brakes. When I bled the master cylinder I got a lot of fluid from the fitting closest to the FRONT of the car. The rear fitting cleasest to the fire wall was gives out a small "spit" maybe a 1/4-1/2 a teaspoon. The front brakes bled fine but I get NOTHING out of the rear bleed fittings and the brake pedal goes almost all the way to the floor when pumped. Can it be the ABS valve? Bad "new" master cylinder I bought? Plugged brake line?? I'm stumped!! Thanks for any help someone can offer me. Ken

#2 ·
No fluid from the m'cyl is not going to be a blocked brake line. Take the MC to a good brake recon shop and ask them to check it. Could be a spring in the wrong place or a seal the wrong way round.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.