BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Angel Eyes or LED bulbs for 2011 X5

14K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  thecushion 
#1 ·
Hello, I just bought 2011 x5 and it has the yellow looking rings and I would like to replace those with bright white. What do i need to do? replace the bulb? Which one should I get? I know there are bunch of posts some where but If you guys can help that would be great. Bright white or purplish color both work. Waiting for your responses guys.

#2 · (Edited)
Search for angel eyes on 6 series and E46 forums. Dozens of threads on this.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#4 ·
Search on ebay....tons of them for sale, most of them work its depend how much you like to spend

#6 · (Edited)
Almost all the threads will lead to the best 2:

1) Hellst Angel Eyes (http://www.bimmereyes.com/)
2) Lux V4

I went with 1) when BimmerEyes were running a x-mas special and got it for $115 shipped to US.

Install took 10 mins and it looks awesome....even during day. Unlike 2), there's no flickering at start up either. Highly recommend. At night, it's REALLY bright.

I also upgraded the license plate lights to LED (InfinitySports here on the forum) for $55.

Love both upgrades.

#10 ·
I just bought a 2011 x5 and my light rings are yellow when the headlights are on but if I put the daytime running lights on they are bright white.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
if your angel eyes turn back to yellow when the HID's are on, it is because of a voltage drop, we already fixed this issue years ago.

here are some installed shots of our released DTEC angel eyes.

#13 ·
many ebay LED, but buyer be aware. some flicker/flash and some set codes.
you get what you pay for.
im now in a big problem with a suppler who has a good guarantee but will not respond yet to a problem.
ive found 40 watts is about the right power,, more than that =- alot of heat

#14 ·
The new Hellst XRT V3's are back in stock!

Be sure to check out our website at www.bimmereyes.com for all of the details.

• Eight high-intensity, high performance CREE LED's per bulb - 6500K...best match for xenons.
  • Two year, no hassle, no conditions warranty - best in the business! If your lights should ever fail within 2 years (rare), we will replace them free of charge with free shipping.
  • We guarantee satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason within 30 days, you can return them to BimmerEyes Inc. and we will pick up the shipping charges.
  • No special tools to install. New Hellst XRT V3 easy grip compact design makes it much easier to install than some other competitors.
  • Guaranteed no flickering or computer errors.
  • Best price for high quality, high performance H8 LED's with the best no risk purchase guarantee...just $145/set!

You can buy with confidence from BimmerEyes Inc. We have been in the angel eye business since 2010 and have always treated every customer with the highest level of service and respect.

Cheers,
Ross
BimmerEyes Inc.

#15 ·
I know this is an old horse being kicked..but what is the best out now as I would like to upgrade. Would love the bright white look:D

#16 ·
Lux H8 160's are the go-to choice. May be a bit pricey but totally worth it. Have them installed on my X5 and its they look fantastic.

#21 ·
There is only one bulb for each side, both rings are powered by the one bulb. The inner ring will always be brighter than the outer ring because of this, but still much better than the stock yellowish halogen.

#27 ·
Switching to the LCI headlights IMO is a waste of money, first you'd have to source the headlights themselves, get the correct ballasts and then code everything. Rather spend $200 on bulbs than $2000, basically the same thing except for the LCI lights being much more crisp.

#32 ·
Production for LCI E70's actually began in 2010, with my X5 being a 04/10 build. Only thing it does not have are the newer headlights. Those came out in 2012 for the X5's. :thumbup:

#40 ·
Has anyone tried these yet? I'm about to pull the trigger on brighter AEs but still not sure which ones. Seems the Lux are more popular.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.