BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BIMMERFEST Featured on KTLA Channel 5 LIVE BROADCAST!!!

64K views 149 replies 58 participants last post by  freethrowdunk 
#1 ·

Yes folks, the morning before the big show we will be doing a full LIVE BROADCAST on Los Angeles' #1 KTLA featuring the cars and people of Bimmerfest.

Who's in??

:bigpimp:

This is the tentative program:

7am - The Oldest, Classic or Antique, Vintage BMWs.

8am - The Most Expensive, Custom, Modified BMWs

9am - The Newest, Stock BMWs.

1pm - The Bimmerfest Event with more examples of vehicles that will be
competing.

We had an amazing turnout last year with only a few days' preparation. Let's see what we can do this year to top it!!

I will need to have data regarding the vehicles which will be featured, so please chime n with name and vehicle descriptions so we can assign to respective categories!!

See less See more
#83 ·
KTLA broadcst

Hi, Jon, I was there last year, with two cars and our yellow 77 530 was featured in the broadcast as the previous year's winner....I also brought my 2004 M3 Mora Metallic/Kiwi leather interior, it's the one in the third photo you posted, to the left of the white one, my son also has a 1990 Diamond Black metallic 2.5L Alpha-N M3 it has been featured in trade magazines before it's the black one at right in the picture. Here's pic of Gayle doing her bit by our car. This one is in the shop but the others are available.(see photos attached)
Looking forward to another fabulous Bimmerfest!
Regards,

Nina

Attachments

#89 ·
Hey Poorboysracing,
I am the Cameraman for this shoot. You have a unique story for this event. The fact that you are driving cross country to attend Bimmerfest is awesome. It would be great if you can make it before 7am. I have already told my reporter about you and she seemed interested in your story. We have 3 live segments scheduled at 715,815,and 915am. We record a segment for our 1pm broadcast around 930am. I will suggest to the reporter that she find time for you and your car somewhere during the morning.
Dave Lopez

#118 ·
I can be there early with my stock 2000 M Roadster, it's a very rare color evergreen with the stock accented interior to match the body color, looks new picture attached.

Regards
Harry
Yes to everyone, the only question is which segment you fit into....

I am starting to get a little bit excited...

:supdude:

Writing from Pasadena (I'm already here)!!

#93 ·
Alright gang, according to our sources at KTLA Channel 5 Los Angeles, we are a "Go" for the LIVE BROADCAST one week from today (Friday, May 13th -- the day before BIMMERFEST)... The ONLY thing that could stop us now would be preemption due to either Natural Disaster (e.g., earthquake, fire, flood), or something socio-political <God forbid>...

Please subscribe to this thread so that you can follow-up on our further announcements.

Please be aware that it is going to be an early start, so get plenty of sleep the night before...

#116 ·
Jon,

This is the final list for the cars that we will be bringing on Friday. There is a possibility of more cars coming also. Thanks

1) 2011 BMW E92 M3 Alpine White
2) 2004 BMW 650 Convertible Alpine White
3) 2007 BMW 650 Coupe Alpine White
4) 2000 BMW E39 M5 Imola Red
5) 2005 BMW E46 M3 Imola Red
6) 2011 BMW E92 3 Series White
7) 2009 BMW E92 335 White
8) 2010 BMW X6 Blue
9) 2001 BMW E39 M5- Light Blue
10) 1989 BMW E30 M3- White
11) 2010 BMW E92 M3- Grey
12) 2002 BMW E39 M5 Black
13) 2002 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca Wide body

#99 ·
What time would you want me there with my 2000 323ci? I need to ask at work if it's possible to come in later on fri, so if I know about when it would help. Also - got a friend with a 2006 530i who is interested as well - would that be the same time frame ? Please let me know, and I will ask about it at work asap. Thanks. :]

#108 ·
Looking forward to a great weekend. Does anyone know where I can find a list of the cars in Battle of Bimmers? and where that corral is?

Jon?
Sorry, we don't have a list compiled for the BoB yet... I'll look into doing that in advance of the show, but lots of people are still signing up.

If anyone is interested in competing, PLEASE sign up asap!

The Corral is in a prime location on grass!

#107 · (Edited)
Dinan E28 M5

I'd like to show my E28 M5 w/ Dinan Stroker motor and AC Schnitzer body kit but only 80% complete in my detailing. She is a daily driver and front bumper had 2 years worth of stone chips etc....

I'll try and rush and see if I can make up from San Diego. I got a hotel in Pasadena but didn't plan to check in unitl early evening.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.