BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

95 325i auxilary fan does not turn on nor heater

746 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ZeGerman 
#1 ·
I'm wondering where is the relay for the fan and heater - my cooling system isn't in it's best shape either. I've been working and learning on it myself but being that I am a lady who's unfamiliar w cars could use any words or direction that will help lead to good results and better performance w the car ...it also overheats and also I'm not quite sure much of anything thank uiu

#2 ·
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your thread over to the E36 3 series forum for you now. You should get the help you need in here. Try searching around in this forum for answers, or one of our other great E36 owners might pop in to help.

Good luck,
Tim

#3 ·
You must be very cautious with that overheating. The Achilles heel of E36's is their cooling system. They have to be replaced every 60-80k miles. We all do this sort of stuff ourselves so it usually runs in the $400-500 range for the parts. The stickies at the top of this sub-forum will give you some excellent links for all of your wiring diagrams relays and the like, so they are a great place to familiarize yourself with your new car. But never run the car while it's overheating, pull over and stop immediately. You can cause catastrophic damage to your engine if it gets too hot. But for reference and proper recommendations, what do you know about the car's history and it's service records?

And it's our tradition here that all new people have to post pics of their new cars! So let's see it!

PS thanks for the move Tim!

#4 ·
Also, the fuses and relays for the aux fan and HVAC are under the hood, in a black box, next to the brake master cylinder (driver's side). If you look on the underside of the lid, it will have a diagram telling you which fuses and relays correspond with which vehicle function.

And as mentioned above, never EVER drive the car if it overheats. If the temp needle ever goes above 12 o'clock, shut it off and get a tow. If you don't, chances are very high that you will kill the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.