BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2013 535 iX GT -- Delivery at the Welt

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Fish23 
#1 ·
Folks,

Just took delivery (well on Friday) of a 2013 535 GT. Opted for the Neptune Blue with Venetian Beige interior.

Here are a couple of pictures from the delivery....

A big thanks to Jon Shafer and the team at Santa Barbara Auto Group for helping to steer this to completion.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Absolutely Beautiful!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

#5 ·
I know it's tough, but keep it at or below the 100mph or so until you reach the recommended miles. It may just be the difference between the 550 and the 535, but doing that, my 535 doesn't use a drop of oil (or at least after the first year and about 12K, it still showed full). Some 550 users experience a quart loss in a few thousand miles. Wonder whether they followed the breakin recommendation?

#8 ·
I kept mine at 100 or less for the most part while in Germany, but did slowly take it up to 125 a few times. I have 8200 miles w/ 2 oil changes at 1700 and 7500. I have not used any oil.

#9 ·
This is my third 5-series (2x E60 and now 1x F07). The first was the one that I babied the most (no Euro delivery, followed the break-in protocol to the letter, etc), and it burned oil to the tune of 1 qt every 7500 miles.... "Normal" per the SA.

The second one, Euro Delivery, less caution, etc, uses a little oil -- about one quart every 15,000 miles. Of course, it's also eaten a Turbo ("broken" waste gate) and a fuel pump (the infamous N54 recall).

Prior to the BMW's, I've never run an engine as long as these go between oil changes. So chances are good that the old engines used some oil, but not quickly enough to be noticeable between changes.

Anyway, we'll see how this one does. Hope springs eternal....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.