BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2014 vs 2013 pricing

3K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Michael Schott 
#1 ·
There is a $1,650 discount (and possibly additional $750 for BMW lease/apr cash ends 4/30 <-- assume this isn't avail for 2014 models) for 2013 models over 2014 based on carsdirect.com pricing.

Has anyone gotten below invoice for 2013?
There doesn't seem to be any changes in 2014 besides shuffles in the options.

#2 ·
yes i got over 20% off on my MY13 35i compared to $500 over invoice on my '14 i ordered. I went with the '13...

#8 ·
UNDER invoice? How did you manage to have them sell it to you at a loss?

#10 ·
Hi guys,

Yes, dealer invoice is not the true cost of the car. I can't imagine any dealer selling at a loss.

It wasn't too hard to get the price I got. I sent email queries to about six local dealers and some of them came back to me with initial offers that were already below invoice. The one I settled on was -730 below invoice. Then adding the $750 loyalty cash got me down to -$1480.

I'd love to say that I'm a spectacular negotiator, but i think it's more the fact that I live in an area (Los Angeles) where there are a lot of high volume dealers and competition is stiff. It also helps to make sure the dealer knows you've done your homework.

#12 ·
I'd love to say that I'm a spectacular negotiator, but i think it's more the fact that I live in an area (Los Angeles) where there are a lot of high volume dealers and competition is stiff. It also helps to make sure the dealer knows you've done your homework.
Ok, that makes sense. In the metro area where I live we have 5 dealers, but we have also lots of buyers with cash to burn (Asian millionaires) and driving around with a X5 or X6 with every imaginable option at 20mph is considered a cool status symbol. So a bloke who wants a X1 for a reasonable lease budget for family use is considered a fly on the sleeve...

#11 ·
2014 pricing

I was picking up my Mini Countryman S from the service department and went to look at the X1, because my wife had one as a loaner last week. I was in and out in 45 minutes. It's the end of the month... I got a 2014 for 2100 below invoice and got the 750 loyalty cash too. I had to get my daughter from school so they cleaned up the X1 and delivered it to our house at 9:45 tonight and signed the paperwork in about 10 minutes. I have to say it was the quickest deal and I didn't have to haggle. I said I want my payments to be this and I want that much for my Mini... Vista BMW in Coconut Creek, FL... I almost forgot, it helped that I did a quick credit app on my phone while I was waiting in service, so I had a approval in hand already.:thumbup:

#14 ·
General question: If you walk into a dealership after 5pm then trying to buy and drive on the same day, don't you still have to wait till your insurance company has the new car on file?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.