BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Lamp control module?

20K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Bandelero 
#1 ·
any one ever had this problem?my brake lights are stuck on,after changing switch twice there still on so i know its not that but after talkin to a tech he told me about module,i unplugged it and they would stay off for a minute but eventually come back on wow so drivn with brake lights on .all my lights work so anybody know about this?can i get it repaired?get a used one?tech said have to get knew cause it would mess with odomoter there 500 and another 150 to recode just stupid.

#2 ·
Light module

The light module controls and monitors the vehicle lights. Information is received and sent via the data bus K-CAN SYSTEM.

Emergency operation properties of the light module: The light module is supplied with terminal 30 twice.

If a terminal 30 fails, the following are activated:

* Front lighting: low beam and parking light (each on one side).
* Rear lighting: On one side, the outer sidelights/brake lights are activated. On the other side, the inner taillights are activated. The vehicle thus still has lights on both sides. Confusion with a one-track vehicle (motorcycle) is excluded.
* Brake light: One side of the brake lights is activated with normal power (ECE coding). This leads to "one-track" braking, as if for example one brake light had failed.

In the case of a failure of the processor, emergency operating mode is activated. Emergency operating mode involves hardware that is completely independent of the light module. Emergency operation properties with failure of the processor:

* Vehicle lighting: At terminal 15 On, the following are switched on: Front low beam and outer rear sidelight/ brake lights left and right. The outer sidelights / brake lights left and right are not, as would be normal, dimmed to 10% of their brightness, but operated with full power. This ensures the function of the vehicle lighting irrespective of the position of the light switch.
* Brake light: With terminal 15 On, the left and right brake lights are switched on when the brake-light switch is operated (via a hard-wired, direct line from the brake-light switch to the lamp drivers).

Function defects with failure of the processor:

* No turn indicators and hazard warning lights, no high beam, no headlight flasher, no fog lights, no rear fog light, no third brake light
* No communication across the K-CAN SYSTEM.
* No communication with the trailer module

#3 ·
ok so if only my brake lights are staying on its a good chance it aint the lcm?im talkn to a tech on just anwser who says mite be dsc controller because my dsc lights are on, in idrive says dsc is not working,i took it to dealer they diagnosed it as dsc controller im sent that in to module masters they said nothing is wrong with it,now im takin it back monday to see why lights are stuck on,and i dont have a warranty ugh

#4 ·
Lighting malfunction

* No turn indicators and hazard warning lights, no high beam, no headlight flasher, no fog lights, no rear fog light, no third brake light

I have this problem. what is the fix?

terry

#5 ·

I have this problem. what is the fix?

terry
Probably means you prob need a new Light Module. :(

I assume the rest of the steering coulumn works ....if not check the Fuse in the Glove Box.

#6 ·
lighting problem

Thanks, I was afraid of that. My indy shop says they can fix it but it is expensive and may not be covered by my extended warranty. thank Freak

Terry

#11 ·
Is it the LCM ?

I have a particular problem when I switch on just the Parking Lights, they come on with the Angel Eyes as is should be, But then I switch on the Headlights the AEs stay on But the Parking/Running Lights go off. The Parking/Turn Signal bulb socket only has two wires, I guess the facelift kind, Is This Normal or is the LCM supposed to turn off the Parking Lights? If I had all three wires would they work right, do I have the wrong LCM or is it Faulty, And could it need reprogramming or the other R Word....Replacing ? I guess I'll need to have a look at it to make sure it's the original one first, Do They pull you over for not having Parking Lights, Is there a rule that states that you Must Have Properly Functioning Parking Lights while driving at night Or are They mainly concerned with the use of Turn Signals ? Thank You if you can Help to shed a little light (Amber Light That Is) on this problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.