BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The official E9x OT thread!

2M views 4K replies 138 participants last post by  i🫶myN54 
#1 ·
Many of you have asked for it... so here it is.

While this is OT, all of the rules still apply. Keep in mind that personal attacks an NSFW material will get posters in hot water.

Enjoy.

- Mike

#2,328 ·
OK, I'm getting OCD about this thing....:rofl:

Attachments

#2,329 · (Edited)
C'mon on Irene!

My front drive...missed the house by about 3-4 feet!

Attachments

#2,342 ·
My front drive...missed the house by about 3-4 feet!
Dang ///M. That is tree-trimming done Gulf coast style. :yikes:
Glad to know you escaped any major damage.

#2,345 ·
USPS Fail:

On 8/27, the USPS website reports your package is out for delivery. 'Course it never arrived. Asked the mail carrier if he was SURE he didn't have anything for me. He checked and had nothing. His reply to my comment that the package was out for delivery: "Maybe Monday!"

Later that day, the USPS website reports a delivery attempt has been made and notice left. Double checked the mail box and door; no notice. Wonderful!

Then today, the package magically does arrive in the mail, making me wonder who knows more about the whereabouts: the fancy website or the mail guy! I'm curious what the USPS website will update to later today.

Only a government grant can keep these guys in business! How can you provide a tracking number with a parcel and when the customer inquires where it is, the reply is... "Uhmm...well, it looks like we tried to deliver it, I am not sure." :Facepalm:

#2,346 · (Edited)
FedEx was not much better. Sent my ECU (on the Z4) to Active Autowerkes to be reflashed. I get notice they sent it back by FedEx overnight. FedEx tracking (the next day) says they delivered it to my house and someone signed for it. Only problem was I wasn't home and I certainly didn't sign for any delivery. FedEx says nope you got it, we got somebody's signature right here, it's your problem. Well finally the person they actually deliver it to (a business with a very similar address) realizes it's nothing they ordered and now that they look at it, nobody by my name works there, and wait, that's not even the right address. They contact FedEx who then finally contacts me and says I need to go pick up my package at the wrong address if I want it that day. Otherwise, since it's a Friday, they can't pick it up from the wrong address until Monday, then it has to go back to central distribution on Tuesday, get put on the right truck on Wednesday for delivery. Meanwhile I have a car in my garage that can't go anywhere cuz it's missing it's ECU but they could have cared less. So I take off early and go pick it up myself. I understand mistakes happen but I was very disappointed in the complete lack of concern and willingness to do anything to get the part to me as soon as possible even after it was established that it was completey their screw up.

#2,347 ·
Interesting. Only time I ever have issues is with the USPS. Only let down I've had with UPS/FedEx is when UPS once routed my package to the wrong distribution center and had it on a delivery truck for a day until they brought it back and had to re-route it to my distribution center. Lost 1 day but at least their tracking accurately reflected that! Ah well...

#2,348 ·
Having my own USPS issue. Should have known when I walked in and a customer and clerk were in a staring match because no one could explain why she hadn't gotten mail delivered in three weeks. The woman stormed away and the clerk ran into the back, then the guy who was next up went to the booth, the clerk came back and said "I just checked in the back and they still don't know why you're not getting mail." The customer had to say "That was the woman before me".

Anyway, glad I got delivery confirmation while mailing a package so I could become more aggravated.

Mailing a box from PA to California on August 15th. Selected the cheapest shipping option.

Status of your Item: Acceptance - August 15th 12:02 PM
Expected Delivery by: August 22nd

Current status of your item:
Processed through sort Facility in Jersey City, NJ
August 26, 2011, 8:59 am

#2,349 ·
My local postal office was of the opinion that once a notice is left no second attempt would be made to deliver, but mine did get delivered yesterday anyway. They all try to be helpful but in all reality, they have no clue where your mail is. :rofl: Which makes the fact that they provide tracking information even more puzzling.

#2,353 · (Edited)
USF1 GP is confirmed for November 18, 2012. Woot! Second last race of the season, so we may very well see Vettel someone being crowned world champion! The change from June to November is great. Sure, it may rain and whatnot, but I'll take that over unbearable heat any day.

Any E9X guys and gals planning to attend? I'll be there pending unforeseen events! :thumbup:

#2,356 ·
My wife and I are planning to attend. We are tentatively canceling/re-arranging other vacation plans in order to do this. We went to the Grand Prix du Montreal in 2005 because we didn't want to go to Indianapolis. Turned out that was a great decision!

#2,354 · (Edited)
Lime Rock Historic Festival 29

We are heading up to Historic Festival 29 at Lime Rock Tomorrow.

#2,355 ·
Is that bimmer the cart to drive?

Sent from my DROID2 using Bimmer

#2,358 ·
OMG, on Top Gear (US) the Caddi CTS-V Wagon beat a Ferrari California in a drag race. By a lot. That's insane.

Also, on at least speed level the Caddi CTS-V sedan is on the same level as the M5??? WTF

Wagons are sexy.

#2,363 ·
I convinced a girl to go BMW when her Volvo lease was up.

Bmw owes me a commission

/discuss

Sent from my DROID2 using Bimmer

#2,367 · (Edited)
Not a ballah, but just ordered a '12 Ford Focus SE for the boys. Simple unencumbered with distractions and under powered (No sloppy 2nds for the boys either). There, I have done my part for the economy, an American NOT living on credit, pumping $$ into Detroit. Now I won't feel bad buying a German car after I retire. :D

a 'like' vehicle.

#2,368 ·
The Focus was on Motorweek last week. They touted it's European styling and German engineering. Nice car, I am sure your kids will love it. :thumbup:

#2,371 ·
Where were you when the towers were hit?

I had just gotten out of the shower after physical readiness training.

I knew then and there that the nation was going to war, and that I would become a part of history.

Sent from my BMW Approved© HTC Desire using BimmerApp

#2,372 ·
I was at work and we actually set up a TV watching this unfold. I remember thinking maybe this wasn't an accident after the first plane hit and unfortunately that was confirmed when the second plane hit. We were all huddled around a 13" TV in the conference room. Since I live in South Jersey many of my coworkers had family members who lived in North Jersey and New York and were frantically checking on them. Total shock and disbeleif that this could happen to America.

I remember every car proudly displaying an American flag for months after 9/11.

#2,373 ·
I was on Continental Flight 45 inbound from Milan, Italy to New York. We were diverted to Gander, Newfoundland where we sat in the plane on the tarmac for 23.5 hours after landing as they had to set up a makeshift customs and immigration point and process the passengers from 34 other widebody aircraft before they got to us. Ultimately we were bussed to Lewisporte, Newfoundland where the good folks of Lewisporte took care of the 'plane' people for 4 days before they opened up airspace again. Our first glimpse of what happened was on Wednesday (9/12) in the afternoon when we finally got to Lewisporte and the local cable company laid cable trunks into the church where we were staying.

The people of Lewisporte were the most generous helpful and wonderful people. Canada should be very proud of having them as their citizens because they truly set a shining example of bending over backwards to help in a time of need.

#2,374 · (Edited)
The same day I had began working on IPB products, Order of Battle products, and generating airfield assessments. Everyone immediately knew that we were orienting ourselves towards a war footing.

#2,375 ·
I was walking into my office building in Midtown Manhattan (Grand Central Terminal area) when my wife called me on my cell and told me that a plane had crashed into the WTC and that it was a terrorist attack.

I went up to the office and tried to get in touch with my staff, many of whom were on the way to work. When we determined everyone was OK we walked to my apartment on the Upper East Side. By that time both towers were down and you could see a huge cloud of smoke over lower Manhattan,

CA

#2,376 ·
Believe it or not, I was at my BMW center for a service appointment. After the first strike, the SA relayed the news but because early radio reports were sketchy, we all assumed/hoped it was minor--a stray light aircraft of some kind. I left the dealer about half an hour after the second plane struck. Listening to news accounts in the car prompted me to stop at home to see video before continuing on to work. One glance was enough to know the building was doomed--fellow engineers had worked for the Port Authority years earlier, so I knew a fair amount about the towers' design. In fact I called one of them, to discuss the buildings' probable fate and ask if anyone we knew still worked there.

Oddly, I don't recall whether I left for work before or after the South Tower collapsed, and the video was replayed so many times I seem to have blocked out whether I first saw it live. At the time, I worked in an office tower in Central NJ with a distant but clear view of Lower Manhattan. When I parked the car the North Tower was still standing. By the time I walked up to our floor and joined my transfixed colleagues at the northeast-facing windows, one of them told me they had watched it collapse moments before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.