BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Need quick clarification please, Code P1519.

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bmw-mania 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright so last night while I was driving like a jackass (following my friend in his moms civic going 120 :tsk:) and my engine light came on. :bawling:

I immediately threw it in neutral and killed the engine. After coasting to a stop I popped the hood and noticed oily spots near the dipstick, it was quite apparent that oil was somewhat leaking out of the filler hole on top of the engine and there was a bit of oil on top of the plastic rad cover on top. :dunno:

Edit: I forgot to add, the gasket around the oil filler cap had expanded maybe 1/2" to 3/4", we had to wait for it to cool down, then it shrunk back down to size...??

Well I let the car sit thinking I had excess oil pressure and maybe a failing pcv valve hence the "boil over" (do these cars even have pcv valves?):confused:

I checked the oil level and it wasn't in the middle "good" position on the dipstick, it was just below it on the "low" position. After driving a little ways to a gas station for some extra light I checked the oil again, this time it was in the "good" position. Actually the oil level was perfect...what the hell? :dunno:

Well low and behold when I take it auto zone today I get code P1519 - "A" Camshaft Position Actuator Bank 1.

So what I got from my research is that I have a faulty cam sensor..but some are telling me it might be a vano's problem..?? :mad:

Any help here would be great, because I have no f***ing idea. Anyways I'm chilling at my office that was nearby to avoid the 50 mile drive home. Not sure if this engine light is damaging/hazardous at all. :dunno:

Oh, and by the way..if its a cam sensor what was all of the oil doing spraying out? :confused:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.