BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The official E9x OT thread!

2M views 4K replies 138 participants last post by  i🫶myN54 
#1 ·
Many of you have asked for it... so here it is.

While this is OT, all of the rules still apply. Keep in mind that personal attacks an NSFW material will get posters in hot water.

Enjoy.

- Mike

#2,185 ·
Not East Coast nor West Coast but Third Coast. Esmerelda says that the Texas Gulf Coast is ready.

#2,198 ·
@cal: I was offended I couldn't post in that thread...the post was epic

@goatboy -agreed lots of fish :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Bimmer

#2,202 · (Edited)
I believe that I suggested that 'verts are less waterproof than dishwashers. Therefore, in the current NE weather, I would prefer to travel in a dishwasher than a 'vert...probably on a pots and pans cycle.

#2,215 · (Edited)
Lord Help Us

Have you been wondering where D-rated Sex Machine has been?

Check this out...behind that furry countenance lies a video game hero. I think it is about a goat taking on human form to save the world in 2027, but I could be wrong.
[NB it is not a driving game.]

#2,225 · (Edited)
I did a Google image search for "sack of wet mice" and there were pictures of Sarah Palin and Donald Trump on the first page.

Try it yourself.

CA

#2,229 ·
I did a Google image search for "sack of wet mice" and there were pictures of Sarah Palin and Donald Trump on the first page.

Try it yourself.

CA
I found pictures of Congress...go figure

#2,231 ·
To give full disclosure the saying is actually, as sharp as a sack of wet mice. I did change it a bit, but that was because I figured the intended audience is not smart enough to get the reference.

Carry on

#2,238 · (Edited)
To give full disclosure the saying is actually, as sharp as a sack of wet mice. I did change it a bit, but that was because I figured the intended audience is not smart enough to get the reference.
Are you saying that the intended audience is in fact, dumber than a bag of hammers?

I'm trying to understand the heirarchy:

Dumber than a bag of hammers
vs
As sharp as a sack of wet mice
vs
Dumber than a box of rocks.

:eeps:

#2,235 · (Edited)
I came up empty on a single image for "sack of wet mice" but did find two interesting hits:

1) An image from this thread appears on the first page of results for Google image searches for "wet mice," "bag of wet mice" and "sack of wet mice," and it isn't ///M-rated's avatar (either size).

2) This! (Foghorn Leghorn FTW)

#2,262 ·
Looks like a 7 to me.

#2,266 · (Edited)
Good bye, old girl ("Lizzy"), you've been a hell of a ride for us, but our lease term is up and you'll likely end up in some 16 year old's hands at an auction. She's the first new car we've ever had and has been fun. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Infiniti product. She's nowhere near as refined as the BMW, but that is part of what made her special. One of the best stock exhaust notes on any car, an automatic transmission that is NOT geared towards fuel savings and a comfortable ride on road trips for 2 adults. My wife loved the car and can't wait for the kid(s?) to grow up so she can downsize again. :thumbup:

Aside from replacing a battery at 4 years, the car had nothing but routine maintenance.

Attachments

#2,269 · (Edited)
F30 will be great. You can also see how BMW is going back to their original days with angling the controls towards the driver.

I'll have to skip that lol as this will be my next bimmer

cough cough

#2,272 ·
Amg? Status fail

#2,281 ·
Name my Car

OK,

I've been asked what name does my car have. I've never named it. So help me find a good name

#2,298 ·
Well, isn't this an uplifting start into the weekend. Furby's suicidal, the Brits appear communal as in the days of old, and it's still hotter than Hades. I am thinking a trip to Majestic is in order for some Weihenstephaner Kristall. :yummy:

#2,299 ·
Thanks for the reminder, you sent me down to the beer fridge for a Paulaner Salvator. :thumbup:
Now to decide what to have with it for dinner....

#2,301 ·
Found a new vehicle I am interested in. I'm no enthusiast liek the rest of the self proclaimed ones here. Took the wife and spoke to the dealer at length about it. We're enamored with this thing. It's a step up from a 3er and feels much nicer than a 5er. Gadgetry bells and whistles are quite impressive. Navi is Google Earth based as well.. The headlights are so damn sexy too! Don't worry I'm not going anywhere, whenever I get my next vehicle the 3er will become the 2nd car...

#2,303 · (Edited)
Navi is Google Earth based as well..
Gotta say, BMW Nav is stone age.

Between BMW's boring/dull daylight colors and lack of clear detail, Audi's ahead again.

If Audi'd do something about interior design, I'd be interested. Steering wheel particularly icky.

Pull back on them reins, Audi fans! Not a fan of button propagation or sensory overload - like BMW's clean interface. But don't like BMW's disinterested, bare-bones Nav. Screen should be larger w/Internet & apps via smartphone, too. Yup, I know Audi's is significantly smaller, point for BMW. How hard could it be to port the screen & control to iDrive? No worse than an aux screen w/keyboard/mouse. :jack:

Electronics are easily changed in any model....what, we have to wait another year for BMW? Where's the love? :thumbdwn:

OMG! I'm OT for the OT thread....

#2,309 ·
Really????!!!! You guys still LOVE chatting about cars in OT area............:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.