BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2013 X6 Production to start in April (Got my Prod #!)

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  evanevery 
#1 ·
2013 X6 Production Starts in April
(New member, first post, first BMW...)

I placed an order for a 2013 X6-M last week. My dealer told me they were switching over the line in Spartanburg for the 2013's in April. I was surfing the various fan sites to find a more specific info on the actual cutover date and noticed some other folks had a schedule posted which indicated that the 2012's would run through July! (Yikes!) My dealer assured the cutover was to happen in early April.

2013 options/pricing has already established and the BMW system is currently accepting orders for the 2013 X6. I finally got my production number and we also have a Conf. Production date of April 16th. I understand that is not my actual build/production date, but rather a date when the actual build date will be scheduled. I am told that the line must be running before they can assign a build date, and that the "Conf Prod" date must be after that window opens up.

So, if all of this is accurate and correct, the 2013 X6-M cutover will be in early April 2012.

Its going to be a long 60 days - and yes - I got the Adaptive LED headlight option :thumbup:

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi

Congrats on your order!

I cancelled my order for a 12' and reordered a 13' the third week of January.

I was given a production number when they confirmed the order, but the order sheet is not for a 13'. The order sheet indicates "2013MY" on the top, but all the options are from the 2012 MY, like the style 214 wheels are on the order which I don't think will be offered on any version of 2013 X6. Also, all the pricing is all blanked out, unlike the order confirmation sheet I got for the 2012 in December.

So, my question is, does your dealer have an order guide yet? There are barely any options on an M anyway since its so highly equipped, so in that sense it's easier to take a blind order.

I know these orders can be modified, so I'm not concerned about it. Just curious.

Happy waiting :)

Regards,
DRP

#3 ·
The order info and pricing is available to the dealers. They CAN place an order for 2013 vehicles and all the options and pricing are available to them. My dealer did not want to let make a copy of their internal price lists (as it has not formally been released to the public), but I did hand write a list of all the options and prices when we went through the 2013 ordering process (to follow). Here is a simple summary of the option/pricing changes as compared to the 2012 vehicle:

1. The base price of the car went up $1600 (to $92,900)
2. The Full LED Headlights are a new $1900 option..
3. The Active Ventilated Seats option actually went down in price from $1900 to $900
4. The $5994 21 inch tire option is no longer listed but there were two wheel options available at N/C. You could choose either the X6M or the X5M wheels (both 20"). I think the option numbers were something like 299m and 300m.

It looks like they also dropped the brushed aluminum interior trim option (at least with the ventilated seats/perforated marino leather combo).

Here is my handwritten option/price list for the vehicle I ordered. It shows every option on the 2013's except the Rear Seat Entertainment package which I believe is still $1700 (I did not order it):

Option Description MSRP
--------------- ------------------------------- -------
13XN X6 M 2013 X6-M 92,900

A75 Melbourne Red Metallic N/C
X25SW Black Perf Full Merino Leather 3,800
4M5 Nappa Leather Dash/Console N/C
4MY Carbon Leather Int Trim N/C
2NU 300M Style Wheels (Default) N/C

ZAV Active Vent Seats 900
451 Active Driver Seat
453 Front Ventilated Seats

ZCW Cold Weather Package 600
248 Heated Steering Wheel
496 Heated Rear Seats
464 Ski Bag

ZDA Driver Assist Package 1,900
3AH Rear/Top View Camera
5AC Automatic High Beams
610 Heads Up Display

ZPS Premium Sound Package 1,100
655 Sat Radio
752 Enh/Prem Sound

ZRC Rear Climate Package 700
417 Rear Window Shades
4NB 4-Zone Climate Control

322 Comfort Access/Keyless 1,000
323 Soft Close Doors 600
552 Full LED Lights 1,900
5DK Side View Camera 300
696 6 CD Changer 600
6NR BMW Apps 250

Dealer Installed Options

Hidden Hitch, Removable Tongue, 2" Ball 1,200
All Weather Floor Mats 90
All Weather Cargo Liner 73
Embroidered Cargo Mat 130
Illuminated Door Sills 838

I have my production number and my car is currently in Production Status "111". We are expecting it to change over to "112" (and be user trackable) a couple of weeks before the plant in Spartanburg actually changes over the line. Best guess is that the line will start running the 2013's sometime in early April:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/art.../301260040/Production-new-2013-X6-begin-April

I've also heard unsubstantiated rumors that it could be as early as mid-March but I think that might be overly optimistic...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.