BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What gas stations do you go to for gas in your 6?

7K views 29 replies 26 participants last post by  07 E63650i 
#1 ·
Hey all i was just wondering what gas stations you go to and which ones you think are best. What do you think of wawa, hess, bjs, citgo, and sams club?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Bimmer App

#3 ·
All garbage ! Sunoco that is it ! maybe BP if you can't find one ....93 my friend that is all I pump...I actually drive to Blackwood to fuel...:thumbup:
R u from the area? I noticed the new car new jersey tags and I'm from deptford. But yeah i have a bp nearby. Didn't know they were good

#4 ·
Where I live Shell is the only chain that does not add ethanol to its 91 octane so Shell is what I buy.

Ethanol is just plain bad for your engine so if you can find a chain that has no/low ethanol content then I would stick to them.

#9 ·
I do, as long as it's a Kirkland Signature station.

It's amazing how low the octane is in the us! The uk it goes to much higher I guess it's to do with climate or something but if I run my car on regular fuel it runs a lot worse than using shell98 or bp99 etc you can instantly feel a difference!! Do you guys add in your own additives?
RON vs AKI, I used Texaco 97 when I lived in the UK.

#7 ·
How About exxon/mobil?

#8 ·
It's amazing how low the octane is in the us! The uk it goes to much higher I guess it's to do with climate or something but if I run my car on regular fuel it runs a lot worse than using shell98 or bp99 etc you can instantly feel a difference!! Do you guys add in your own additives?

#11 · (Edited)
As Colink had said, our 91 is your 95. So maybe your 98/99 is our 93. So we do not need octane booster.

I use Shell/Chevron/BP/Texaco and avoid Race Trac/7 Eleven/Citgo. The actual gasoline that they all use is interchangeable, the National Pipeling is like a bank, if Citgo puts in 93 octane in the Pipe then they can pull out 93 on the other end at the same time. The actual gas might be originally put in by Shell. But once the raw gas is pulled it goes to depots and the different chains will use additives or Ethanol. Some better additives than others.

#12 · (Edited)
I looked into this ethanol issue last summer, Shell is the only brand that has no Ethanol in its V-Power. They use 10% Ethanol for regular (Bronze) and their mid grade (Silver) is mixed at the pump (50% regular and 50%high grade) giving you a 5% Ethanol content.
Sunoco sells a 94 octane fuel, sounds good - but it is 91 octane gasoline and they get the extra octane boost by adding 10% Ethanol.

:thumbup::thumbup:Shell V-Power:thumbup::thumbup:

#13 ·
The fuel is basically all the same, except Citgo. Their base oil is of very poor quality. Any of the major oil companies use high quality additives, to help keep carbon buildup in our engines to a minimum. Cheap gas such as Sams, Costco, Racetrac, & others, do not have a good additive package. I try to use Ethanol free fuel, but I have concerns about their additive packages. I use a bottle of Chevron Techron every month, in all my cars. This will help to minimize carbon buildup, in most cars.

If the price at the pump is cheap, you probably should not use it in your car! As the saying goes, " Pay me now, or pay me later! " :dunno:

#17 ·
All we have is ethanol laced crap here. I do Chevron about 60 to 70% of the time and Valero or 76 the rest of the time. No Mobil, BP around here and I don't see a lot of Shell stations where I hang out either.

#18 ·
There is a Chevron cheapest in my location just 2 blocks away from my place. 100% pump chevron. Use techvron every 2k miles. I dont know im overkill it but i found good deal on amazon for techron so just use it.

#23 ·
I always use the same hassan 95 is our standard and I'm informed 91 is us but they are calculated differently so it's pretty much the same as our fuel just alot cheaper lol

#25 ·
I use Shell V-Power, BP-Ultimate, and Exxon Premium all at 93-octane...

Please do not use low quality no-name brand store fuels in your BMW just to save a couple bucks per fill-up. That means no WaWa gas, BJ's wholesale or Sam's Club crap...

#26 ·
bad gas and sushi

I actually used Exxon while traveling the other week and it ended up costing me $$$$$ I usually avoid the stations with 10% "corn liquor" added but I thought "its exxon, should be good"...my first indication to get the hell outta there was the fact that the gas station had a Teriaki/Sushi restaurant inside... :eek:wtf? no worries, I needed gas...I proceed to fill up and here comes warning #2...the pump is slow, no worries again, Im driving thru the south...everything is slow.

I get my gas and get on 85 north....about 70 miles later I get a slight tremble, loss of power and then check engine light followed by the catalytic converter will fall out and your emission resemble a babies strained peas diaper....again wtf???...I imediately thought BAD GAS...this was the weekend before Xmas so that Monday I take it to a trusted Indy shop In Raleigh becuase leith BMW could not check it until the end of the week. The indy checks the codes and determines cylinder 2,3,4 and 5 are misfiring and they would need to drain my tank, do a full tune up and replace the coils.

After the work was done and a few $$$$ that will be missed the car is running fine, Im just very nervous about sketchy stations while I travel. BTW the tech informed me that I have a small upper valve cover leak and quoted me 1600 to repair, I also have my A2 service on my benz coming up next week and wondered If this was something I needed to get fixed right away.

#27 ·
The valve cover leak is no big deal. You could probably let it for for 6 months without any worries. Just check it once a month.

#29 ·
Personally I use Exxon which is close to me and then shell. All premium grade. Have not seen a Chevron station around these parts in a while. With all stations, you can have issues if the fuel tank is running low because the gas coming from the low point can be contaminated. I use a bottle of the Chevron techron every 3K or so. Jus an added insurance to help clean the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.