BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X5 N55 Burger Tuning Stage 1

34K views 83 replies 25 participants last post by  Adam @ SV 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just ordered Terry's tune for the X5. Anyone here who has installed this? Installation guide only shows F10 and no pictures of the E70 at all. Thanks!

#3 ·
No one?

#5 ·
I know someone who has it. Also take a look at the folks with F10s. Same tune.

My TMAP is type B

#8 ·
I am also however with the piggy back option you can sell it when you get rid of the vehicle and also remove it for warranty puposes if something should occur. I like the flash option if i was keeping my X5 but its a 3yr lease and spending 2,000 on a tune and not getting any money back from it seems steep. Your thoughts ?

#14 ·
Looks like OP was unable to get it installed. For some reason he could not reach the #2 sensor shown in this photo. We've done a few X5 installs at the office and its normally a 15-20 minute job from start to finish so I was disappointed to see he wasn't able to work it out.

Anyway, since we don't have any official reviews on this forum, if someone has some minimal technical skills to get it installed and shoot over a few X5 specific photos for our guide, and post a review here, we'll happily offer you a free N55 Stage1 tune. Well qualified customers only, please. :) Just email me @ terry@burgertuning.com and I'll post back when we've found the right person.

Attachments

#25 ·
These are the raw pictures, which I'm sure they make the install look overwhelming. At the end of the day, like you mentioned, only a limited number will be selected.

The install itself was pretty straightforward, and it took longer to disassemble the HVAC area to hide the "parallel port looking" connector out of the elements.

I haven't driven the car at all right now, since it has a check engine light and a rough idle. Terry suspects it could be one of the connectors is not on tight enough. I'll keep everyone posted regarding my troubleshooting progress :thumbup:

#42 ·
New member here, just installed the N55 BMS Stage 1 tune. Complete install took about 20-25 min. The hardest part is getting to the MAP Sensor under the air box, but the rest is very simple. Started right up with no problems. Drove it around the block and immediately noticed the difference. I will post up after a week if driving to give my opinion. Thanks Terry for making a great product that is very easy to install.

#48 ·
From what I can tell, MPG is same. Understand that it will drop a bit after you install only because of the pedal mashing, feeling the difference and your own testing of the Tune.

I will post up my avg MPG (for the tank) after I fill up.

I highly recommend his product if you're thinking about getting one.

#51 ·
The car has been fantastic with the chip! My average fuel consumption is 11L/100km (21MPG) with the chip, so when you keep your foot out of it, the car doesn't use any more fuel.

Any little bit of turbo lag is now gone too, so you have a super responsive engine that's always in the torque band. I say get it :) For less than $400, it's a bargain! :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.