BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The official E9x OT thread!

2M views 4K replies 138 participants last post by  i🫶myN54 
#1 ·
Many of you have asked for it... so here it is.

While this is OT, all of the rules still apply. Keep in mind that personal attacks an NSFW material will get posters in hot water.

Enjoy.

- Mike

#3,610 ·
What in the name of (your preference to fill in) is this pop-up thing on the bottom of my browser (using Safari) with a T symbol and items that someone/thing thinks are related to my interests that I have come to find here today on the 'fest? Rather a nuisance if you ask me. If it's related to add revenues, I get it. The 'fest is free. But if not, please have someone remove it at once!

#3,612 · (Edited)
I"m using OSX 10.7.5 and Safari Version 6.0.2 (7536.26.17). No software updates in a month or so. And just checked Firefox and the thing did not appear.

Plot thickens... Only happens here today on the 'fest.

Anyone else seen this? Just happened today out of the blue.

UPDATE 21JAN13

Found out it's spyware called either Yontoo or Topic Torch. Found out how to remove it here. Very easy and there are descriptions for all browsers.

Sorry Bimmerfest, not your fault at all. Thanks for this outstanding forum!

#3,613 ·
I"m using OSX 10.7.5 and Safari Version 6.0.2 (7536.26.17). No software updates in a month or so. And just checked Firefox and the thing did not appear.

Plot thickens... Only happens here today on the 'fest.

Anyone else seen this? Just happened today out of the blue.
Version (8536.26.17) here (major version 6.0.2, though).

#3,614 ·
Winter Autocross at Lime Rock this weekend. We will have studded tires on the Miata and will be driving on the combine autocross course which I am told is covered by several inches of snow. I'll post pics Saturday night,

CA

#3,616 · (Edited)
By early afternoon it had gotten warm enough so that all of the snow was melted from the track. It was still pretty slippery and was a good opportunity to practice drifting (and spinning out) around the corners. The AWD cars (there were Audis, and a couple of Porsches) were fastest around the wet track. One member brought his McLaren MP4-12C.

#3,617 ·
Sexy looking car. How did the x-drive BMW do?

#3,618 ·
Nice! How did the McLaren do on the snow/ice with brake steer? I bet that helped at least some. Interesting the variation in cars running; from modest to super rich! :thumbup:

#3,620 · (Edited)

#3,626 ·
Power was lost at the Mercedez Benz Superdome...guess they should be used to second rate product

#3,630 ·
Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's the Mercedes Benz logo smack dab in the middle of all those lights which aren't working. How do you say publicity catastrophe in German?
ĂĽber vermasseln

#3,628 ·
Audi took a jab at MBENZ. Sad that BMW didn't. Then again, when you are the king, you don't need to reduce yourself to the level of a jester :D~

#3,631 ·
Good one^^

Trades in the wife's camry for a '14 Mazda CX-5. Only 40 miles and I'm pushing 26 mpg, wait till this gets broken in!

Wife had 5 vertebrae fused, and the camry is just too low for her. This thing has much of what my e90 has. Basically most of the 2009 tech has proliferated, mazda even has active xenons.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Bimmer app

#3,633 ·
Good one^^

Trades in the wife's camry for a '14 Mazda CX-5. Only 40 miles and I'm pushing 26 mpg, wait till this gets broken in!

Wife had 5 vertebrae fused, and the camry is just too low for her. This thing has much of what my e90 has. Basically most of the 2009 tech has proliferated, mazda even has active xenons.

Sucks about the back. At least she got a better ride out of it.

#3,634 ·
Thanks. Took care of her. Now that she has her vehicle, I'm cleared to get a sports sedan again, likely summer 2014. I Love my E90, it was ny first made to order vehicle. But I made some compromises. Not next time.

#3,638 ·
Ha, awesome!

Reminds me of Minnesota, both the style of houses and the snow. Great shot! Light a fire, get some GlĂĽhwein and call it a day. :thumbup:

#3,643 ·
Zeichen - It was "Finding Bemo" all right!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::thumbup:

On top of it all, our street didn't get plowed unti the following Tuesday night.
Last night's Townhall meeting with the Mayor was one for the books! :p

#3,644 ·
Day One, Ante Sequestria, in what was once the capital city of a mighty empire. The Provisional Authority has set up Sequestervilles along the Mall, a labyrinth of clapboard and cardboard and canvas that will swallow you up if you aren***8217;t careful.

The smells.

At night, the sounds.

Some of us from the hinterlands were assigned to a cluster of hovels and lean-tos that has come to be called Ezra***8217;s Alley. Others of us are acres away, on a strip they call Boehner***8217;s Run. Still others are unaccounted for.

I saw men fighting to the death over an EBT card. Unemployed firemen loitered in front of their now shuttered fire house. A limousine rolled past, with Romney stickers on it. It stopped. A man got out and put his cigar out on a puppy.

But then the sun started to set, and the temperature dropped. A group of newly unemployed teachers came down from Arne's Acre, and took the stall for firewood. They were able to build a fire, providing a modicum of heat in the chilly night. A few rats and a scraggly squirrel, cooked on the fire, was all the food they had. The heat and food attracted attention from the refugees from Blair House. They swarmed down in the middle of the night. The encounter was violent, and for the teachers, fortunately brief. The next morning, a few Washington Post reporters stumbled upon the site. The sight of the carnage drove them mad.

Word has come that several Federal employees have barricaded themselves into the Executive Office Building and are vowing to fight to the death before they see the doors closed and locked forever. Cannibalism will be sure to follow. They can't live long on bottled spring water, coffee, and creamer.

Rumors spread of potable water and even some fuel on the other side of the river. But all of the crossings are controlled by the warlords of Alexandria and their confederates. From the tales told of their depravity, you***8217;d rather drown than be taken alive.

We may yet have to chance it. Another engineer ***8212; was I an engineer? Am I one now? ***8212; another engineer, he was hit in the leg during the disturbances in Foggy Bottom and the wound will not close.

I will not allow myself the luxury of hope. This is all that is real now. They tore a piece of the world off and we survivors are forsaken to wander the 98.5 percent of it that***8217;s left.

I pray you are safe and will send word when next I can.

#3,646 ·
Day One, Ante Sequestria, in what was once the capital city of a mighty empire. The Provisional Authority has set up Sequestervilles along the Mall, a labyrinth of clapboard and cardboard and canvas that will swallow you up if you aren't careful.
Son, I am only going to tell you this once. Stop doing drugs. :bigpimp:

So what are you writing?

#3,645 ·
Today is the 56th Anniversary meeting of the Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (and the one day a year they server chowder).

CA

#3,647 ·
If you've watched "Revolution" on NBC, I think we can do better. MUCH better.

#3,648 ·
Watching Top Gear (US) "150 MPH Challenge" and "Taxis". The Bugati and McClaren MP4-12c are f'ing amazing. Both have fins that come up to slow them down. Yes, the spoiler tilts up when you hit the brakes to give you air stopping power. That is freaking awesome. Add to that, the McLaren gets 18MPG and avoids the gas guzzler tax. How does a super car like that manage to avoid that tax, but the M3 can't manage to do it. COme on BMW, get your **** straight!

#3,653 ·
Cunningham C5 Vignale

There were 25 Cunningham C5 Vignale road cars built in the early 1950s, 20 Coupes and 5 Convertibles. I visited Don Breslauer's shop in Salisbury, CT yesterday. There were 2 Cunningham C5 Coupes and 2 Convertibles in the garage. I will post some pictures later tonight.

CA

#3,655 ·
Not entirely safe for work (put on headphones)

Happy Passover!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.