BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Always inspect your car!!

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Nitrogen 
#1 ·
I was cleaning the dust off my rear brake calipers and look what I found!

Auto part Vehicle Car Rim Wheel

Drivers side looks ok.

Auto part Wheel Rim Automotive wheel system Tire

Passenger side ..wait a minute something is missing...crap the retaining spring is gone!!!

Glad I decided to clean the calipers....now to find the part arghhhhh. Nobody has it in stock.

After market costs $8 dealer charging $35. Which would you buy?

I'm still happy my heater is working!! :thumbup:

See less See more
#2 ·
I was cleaning the dust off my rear brake calipers and look what I found!

View attachment 361592

Drivers side looks ok.

View attachment 361593

Passenger side ..wait a minute something is missing...crap the retaining spring is gone!!!

Glad I decided to clean the calipers....now to find the part arghhhhh. Nobody has it in stock.

After market costs $8 dealer charging $35. Which would you buy?

I'm still happy my heater is working!! :thumbup:
I cant imagine for a part like this aftermarket would hurt but yah never know that cheaper stuff can be junk and sometimes not 50/50 id probably go aftermarket myself but kost would say factory your choice!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App

#6 ·
Funnily when I had my brake squeal problem I changed everything on one calliper including the anti squeal springs,everything was BMW OEM, but still a squeal, eventually I went round the car and dramatically increased the pressure on each of the springs, after this no more squeal... that included brand new ones which i just fitted straight out of the bag!!!

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.