BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Where does the antenna go

929 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Towelie 
#1 ·
Hi ,I am a new member to bimmerfest . I have a 2008 335i convertible . It has all available options for the year. I was wondering if it would be difficult to install Sirius satellite radio and where does the antenna go? I was told these cars were prewired for it and wondered if it sounded ok and if it was worth it . Any help you could give would be appreciated
Thanks

#6 ·
page 20 of the first document sdars in the shark fin.
item 2
Those directions reference the Sedan. The Cabrio has its sharkfin on the trunk lid.

#7 ·
It sounds lousy. If the car was not equipped for Sirius, then you'll be paying minimally for installation of hardware modules and programming, if still available. Not worth it, IMO, and I have Sirius.

#8 ·
I believe the 2008 335 was still pre-wired for sirius. As noted above, you will need to buy the separate sirius module (goes in the trunk under the floor in my e90, not certain about e93), and will need to have the dealer or someone else with the ability code it into the system. I enjoy sirius, but certain channels definitely have better audio quality than others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.