BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Lighting Package - Stock

15K views 42 replies 28 participants last post by  donquixotesque 
#1 ·
Anyone have a picture of the stock lights vs the xenons lit up? I have seen plenty of pictures with the xenons on, but I can't find a picture of stock lights that have been turned on so I can't make a comparison between the two. Leaning on getting the xenons, but I'd like to see what I'm really upgrading from.

#4 ·
Absolutely get the xenons. You not only get the adaptive light package, but the daylight LED driving lights are distinctive BMW. Oh, and the way it lights up the street at night is incomparable.

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks or the replies. What you all said is pretty much what I imagined it to be so I'll get the xenons. My old car, a 06 330xi (I was one of those 06 330 fans), had the xenons and I loved them. I'd probably still would love to have that car back, but it was totaled in Hurricane Sandy. Luckily I've heard of BMW doubling the loyalty incentive and another dealership is offering to pay up to a $1k on your insurance deductible too.

#7 ·
Once you get HIDs (xenon projectors) you will NEVER ever ever go back. I personally think its ridiculous that ANY BMW wouldn't have them as standard. Even the base 128/X1 should have them :rolleyes:

Good Luck:thumbup:

#8 ·
Here you go. Terrible looking. Get the Xenon's. Besides looking awful, most 328s are going to be sold without Xenons. This was the case with the E90, and since they look so much better on the F30, it really does class up the car even more.

#9 ·
Versus this

#12 ·
Going to take a stab at a ridiculous argument for standard lighting similar to the RWD vs AWD in snow argument.

If you enjoy driving, standard lighting package is better because it makes it more challenging to drive at night.

#19 ·
I just saw some of your car pics. Is your interior white? That looks amazing..

#13 ·
... and who doesn't love a challenge when driving at night.

#14 ·
I am really regretting not getting the xenons on the 328i M sport I ordered. I just had to draw the line somewhere for my budget. I stretched to get the red leather. By the time I decided to get the lighting package added, my car was already in production. I hope it's a case of what I don't already know, I won't miss. :eek:

#15 · (Edited)
Although you won't have quite the same range as a projector, you can always add a quality HID kit in your halogen housing. Then just adjust the height so you're not blinding anyone (as much as possible). That would still be 20 times better than standard halogens...

I have a 06 Tahoe Z71 I threw a high quality HID kit in the stock housing. It's much better than nothing, if you really don't drive much at night it won't be much if a difference for you. I drive ~40-45% at nighttime/early morning hours so it's necessary all my cars have them.

#16 ·
Here.

Now get Xenons..

Attachments

#17 ·
Btw, how do people post photos on their comments without uploading it as an attachment like I just had to do?

#20 ·
deleted

#26 ·
Get the Xenons if you can, the halogens looks like hot garbage compared to them. Not to mention the difference in lighting power.

The majority of F30s are 328, and the majority of them aren't upgraded to Xenons. It makes the car more unique as well.

#27 ·
+ 1

If you go search on BMWs website in the used car/certified area you will find hundreds of 328s. So few of them have xenons. The price is the same as it was in the E90 days, and just from seeing a few F30 328s on the road, none have xenons. It is just so distinctive on a 3 series only because it is not common.

#34 ·
I'm driving a loaner while my car is getting the ASS re-program plus addressing a whistling sound. The loaner has the standard halogen lights and it was ok driving in town where there are street lights. Once out of town and in the suburbs, I missed having the xenons. Also, there is NO comparison between the halogen high beams and the xenon high beams - night and day.

#40 ·
The new 328 comes stock with halogen lights you have to pay $900 extra in order to get the xenon lights, that's what i did and my dealer told me that this was the first new 2013 328i xdride he seen with Xenon lights, they come stock on the 335, i made my dealer find me a 328 with the Xenon lights it took about a week to find but he did, for me if your going to get any BMW you must get the lights it's one of the key features that make the BMW stand out from the crowd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.