BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Next Step in BMW For Me..

3K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  RufusKing 
#1 ·
In About 6 months i will own my 2001 Z3C with 48000 miles on it. Less than a year ago I installed TCKR True Match S/A Coilover System( It handels Great), I also custom made a stereo system for my z3c. So i think i have 2 options. 1 kept it (because there were under 13000 made in the US) and supercharge it (VF) or 2. Sell it and by a 2008,2009 M3. Any Thoughts?

#2 ·
Most of "us" that move from the Z3 or M Coupe/Rdstr to an M3 usually move back to the Z3M within about one (1) year.

Might as well save yourself the trouble.

The Z3 Coupe is more rare (I think) than the M Coupe (when the S-52/S-54 are combined); there were roughly ten (10) M Rdstrs made to every M Coupe, but I never did the math on the Z3 versions, likely even fewer Coupes to Rdstrs.

Keep it, and supercharge it. There's a guy a little ways East of you that has done LOTS of forced induction installations, and has a nice little package to keep the rearend together too... :cool:

#10 ·
Well, I have an S54 MC and an E90 M3. I only bought the M3 because BMW hail damaged my ordered MZ4.

Both are excellent. They have little in common. The M3 could be my only car I guess, but I would miss the hell out of my MC and I would regret it.

As others have said, I enjoy vehicles a whole lot more when I have no payment or debt on them. You should keep yours until it is paid off and see how it feels for a while, then decide.

#11 · (Edited)
my suggestion, active autowerke stage 2, meth/water injection, 3.73, nice grippy tires, suspension, brakes, rear end treatment, and go toast an new m3. ask me how i know. dont look at my pic at the bottom beacause that pic is about a year old. or if you decide on an m3, sell me the coupe. im not too far from you, it'll be an easy transaction.

#13 ·
no links but i would be happy to send you some pics. it was all made by myself and a friend all speakers are JL Audio. the front / rear mids are XR525-CSi 2way Components, Sub is a 10w7, Mid Amp is a alpine PDX-4.150, Sub Amp is a Alpine PDX-1.600, Last is a Apine CDA-9885 Head Unit with Ipod intergration.

Well I will Have to drive the //M3 in the spring to make my mind up. It sounds like every one here is telling me to kept it. dont get me wronge i love the Z3C thats why i bought it but its only a 2 seater and i only have a 2 car garage. If i sell it in the spring i will post it here.

Attachments

#15 ·
no links but i would be happy to send you some pics. it was all made by myself and a friend all speakers are JL Audio. the front / rear mids are XR525-CSi 2way Components, Sub is a 10w7, Mid Amp is a alpine PDX-4.150, Sub Amp is a Alpine PDX-1.600, Last is a Apine CDA-9885 Head Unit with Ipod intergration.
Very nice job. I suspect it added quite a bit of weight, but it looks really clean, and I bet it sounds awesome. What is the grill made of?

Do you have more pics in an online album? Please email so I don't derail this thread too much.

Well I will Have to drive the //M3 in the spring to make my mind up. It sounds like every one here is telling me to kept it. dont get me wronge i love the Z3C thats why i bought it but its only a 2 seater and i only have a 2 car garage. If i sell it in the spring i will post it here.
Keep the Coupe. There's nothing else like it. There will always be M3s... :D

#18 ·
M3's are a dime a dozen. They are great cars, but nowhere near as fun to drive (in my opinion). Your car is more of a collector too. For these reasons I would keep the coupe. I believe you would really miss your coupe affter a few months of owning an e46 M3.

The only benifit I see is that it is easier to find parts to mod the M3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.