BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bimmerfest 2004 - Calgary Alberta June 26, 2004: Bimmerfest goes International

15K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Senad 
#1 ·
On June 26, 2004 the first ever official international Bimmerfest event will be held at Tunerworks in Calgary Alberta, Canada.

A little background on Tunerworks:

Tunerworks has been a pillar in the Canadian tuning community for many years; not just locally, but nationwide. They have built their reputation on quality service and competitive pricing on a vast selection of brands. Their staff is not just comprised of salespeople, but of automotive enthusiasts which makes their partnership with Bimmerfest a perfect fit.

Many thanks to Rob Leech and Tunerworks; who in addition to headlining the event, will also provide the venue, the food, and good music for all those choosing to come out and attend.

We have opened up registration for the event as of today and look forward to sharing the excitement leading up to the event in June.

Please be advised that space in the main lot is very limited (75 cars at this time with the possibility of more if the space permits) with additional space on the street in front. Therefore we must reserve main lot space on a "first registered, first served basis". Also the main lot will be reserved for BMW vehicles only.

Register for bimmerfest 2004 - Alberta, Canada today!

In the true form of Bimmerfest, the cost of attendance is your enthusiasm for the BMW marque.

A road rally is planned with the route to be yet announced. Vehicles of all marques are welcome to join in.

More information about the event will be forthcoming as plans are finalized. Please stay tuned to for all the latest information.

- The Bimmerfest.com Team

See less See more
#3 ·
JonM said:
I just registered. :thumbup:

I figured what the heck, never been to Calgary.

How long is the drive from Seattle? Anyone want to convoy up? I am sure we can choose cool roads if we plan carefully.
Jon we'd love to have you. :thumbup:

I made the drive from Seattle to Edmonton in about 16 hours give or take. Including a long stop at the Peace Arch (damn cross border shoppers from Vancouver) and Jasper. I think the trip to Calgary may be shorter seeing that Calgary is about 3 hrs (300km) south of Edmonton. Mapquest says 1086 km so granted if you don't speed ;) it'd be about 10-11 hours straight driving.

Attachments

#6 ·
eurospec#19 said:
VERY tempting!

Is there going to be a list of registered BMWs so that we know who/what will be in attendance?

Anyone interested in a caravan from Vancouver? It looks like it'll be a 11-hour trip, according to mapquest.
Currently there are a couple of E36 M3s and a mix of E46 and E46 M3s. As far as I know the list of attendees will not be published due to privacy concerns.

I'd love to see attendees from accross Canada as this is out inaugural event. :thumbup:

#7 ·
eurospec#19 said:
VERY tempting!

Is there going to be a list of registered BMWs so that we know who/what will be in attendance?

Anyone interested in a caravan from Vancouver? It looks like it'll be a 11-hour trip, according to mapquest.
C'mon Mr.H, I'd love to have your Euro-spec here. There will be at least two other '94 Euro E36 M3 in attendance, plus my ///Machine.

Use a few more of those 286HPs....I've made it from Vanc to Cal in 7hr 4mins :thumbup:

Rob

#8 ·
Tunerworks said:
C'mon Mr.H, I'd love to have your Euro-spec here. There will be at least two other '94 Euro E36 M3 in attendance, plus my ///Machine.

Use a few more of those 286HPs....I've made it from Vanc to Cal in 7hr 4mins :thumbup:

Rob
I'll have to start getting #19 prepped! I need to install the Getrag 6-speed VERY soon.

There's NO way I'll be able to make this trip with my 3.73LSD and 5-speed....BUZZZZZ!

#21 ·
jtg said:
Give your self some extra time when you go. It can get foggy and rainny in the rocky mountains between kamloops and banff. Which will slow you down to 70km/hr or 50 miles/hr.
Don't say that! By late June the weather in the Rockies should be great, perfect for a nice, spirited drive ;)

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.