BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Pics - Blacked out my 328

4K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  pointandgo 
#1 ·
I got the M3 wheels off craigslist.. took a little while to get around to sanding/priming/painting but finially done. Blacked out the grill and front roundel. (steering wheel roundel too) i like the blue in the roundel on the wheels better than black.. i tried it, but ended up going back blue... sorry for the rainy day pics.. but i've grown board today.. anyway.. what'd ya think..

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
thanks.. sorry it's rainy and ipad doesn't magnify light well.. especially shooting at blk. here's one from right after i put the first wheel on, dirty but you get the idea.. it still had the blk roundel, which is now blue.. and here's the day i did the grill and hood roundel as well.

here's the post from when i got the wheels.. the 12mm spacers up front and 15mm rear worked great. i initially staggered teh tires w/ 225 front and 235 rear, i just got new tires and went 235 all the way around.. not sure which feel i liked better. i may move these wheels to my wifes' silver'08 335 and get her a 5 series soon :)
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6487554&highlight=#post6487554

Attachments

#11 ·
The orange fender reflectors now look out of place...and you're not going to "candy" the tail lamps? Where's the "Darth Vader" window tint? You're half way there!

#19 ·
The wheels need a color stripe around the rim edge to set off the image. Red would be good.
The driver should ALWAYS wear black to "encourage" the "total" image...just sayin. This would be the "LA way."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.