BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New Here!! N Havin a Problem

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  BMWFatherFigure 
#1 ·
Whats Up Every1,

Year: 1984 Manual: 5speed 2-door
Model: 325e VIN#: 1008993

I have a problem with my bimmer. I'll drive and when I hit 4th or 5th gear it tends to bog down and I'll have rev it a bit just so it stays on or it will die on me. What seems to be the problem? THANKz

#9 ·
Not antifreeze unless you have a blown head gasket. Leaking injectors - does it idle ok? Blocked air filter? MAF sensor?

#13 ·
if you only been driving a manual for less then a week, you just need to drive it more. run the revs to 3k each gear. if youre driving around town and the speed limit is 35, dont leave 3rd gear. if its 45, go into 4th. its when its over 50, youll want to drop into 5th. trust us, run the revs higher, make the car happy.

#15 ·
there not much else it can be if its only happening in 4th and 5th. the gear doesnt change how the engine functions. OBD1 and euro 1 cars dont have the option of running multi fuel maps per gear. so the only options are, either you downshifted too soon, youre driving through water, or everywhere you drive is a 7% uphill grade.

#19 ·
Change the fuel filter and get the injectors bench cleaned and tested. Then start on the erratic idle. ICV clean for starters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.