BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

SAT (S1-S7) w/o 2TB (Paddle Shifters) you ask?

44K views 104 replies 36 participants last post by  Curamrda 
#1 ·
SAT (S1-S7) w/o 2TB (Paddle Shifters) you ask?

Sure, why not. :D

Now, no more guessing what gear my tranny is in.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
EGS / 3000 Applikation / Sportschalter_alt (Not just Sportschalter) = aktiv / Werte=01

#7 ·
Actually, that code was discovered by my Korean brother, mongsiri. All credit goes to him.

D1-D8 to go along with S1-S7 would be nice, but I did not see anything in EGS for that. Although since my car seldom operates in that girly mode, I admittedly did not give searching for that code its due diligence. :D

#9 ·
That's the spirit of the forum. :thumbup:

#12 ·
Since this is 2TB, only without the Paddle Shifters, I would assume for this to work it requires ZSP OR ZMP, which are the requirements to order 2TB.

Do you have Sport or M-Sport?

#18 ·
Lucky you. So have you tried both on yours now to see if it works?

#22 ·
Yes, please do. I am trying to see if consistently both are required or if only Sportschalter_alt = aktiv is required, and if it is the later, why in some cases both are necessary. Thanks.

#23 ·
@shawnsheridan

No sport, M-sport or shift paddles here. Just changing Sportschalter_alt to aktiv was sufficient to get S1-S7. Thanks again.

JEG23

#27 · (Edited)
Glad to hear it.

So, so far we a 528i and a 520D where both had to be set to Aktiv for it to work. Not seeing the reason here yet.

#25 ·
Shawn....I'll be down to Houston soon and really want this! Lol n

#30 ·
My 535i has no sport package or M sport. I had to switch BOTH

Sportschalter_alt = aktiv
Sportschalter = aktiv

for it to work. I tried just Sportschalter_alt = aktiv first and no luck, when I switched BOTH of them it worked perfectly.

Thanks again for the Post Shawn !!

#33 ·
I'm sill trying to figure out how to get the S1-S7 to display when I put the tranny into sport mode via the adaptive driving toggle. If anyone figures that one out please let me know.

#34 ·
The DEC Sport Mode is Suspension and Steering, with no bearing on the transmission shift points I don't think.

#35 ·
Drivetrain is effected (if selected). In my case the tranny absolutely goes into sport (no 8th gear) mode since I have drivetrain selected to be controlled. Whether I pop the shifter to the left or toggle the the switch to sport mode, the tranny reacts the same (of course I have to either move the shifter or tap the paddles if I want to force a gear change but other than that the tranny reacts the exact same.

#36 ·
I don't know. I do not think they are the same. One can have DEC Sport, or SAT Sport, or both simultaneously. Two distinctly different systems.

#37 ·
I'm going to do a test run later tonight where I'll note the gear changes, etc. when I put the tranny in sport via the toggle and via the shifter. I'm ivory pure (99.44%) sure the tranny is behaving the same in both those modes. If it was not then there would need to be three distinct operating modes (besides manual shifting M1-M7): normal; sport (induced by moving the shifter to the left); and sport (induced via the adaptive drive toggle).

#38 ·
Sorry, I should have mentioned above Throttle too. My understanding is that the Standard 8 Speed Auto DEC Sport Mode with DHP adjusts Steering, Throttle, and Suspension. Without DHP, I think it is just Steering and Throttle. In either case, for transmission adjustment, you need SAT.

#39 ·
I commented earlier that it was easy to make the change but unfortunately I was not able to test it at the time (wife's car). When I did, I still only got DS. I then tried change both items, and still no change to S1-S7. I have a 2013 X3 28i with no M-Sport, SAV, or paddle shifters (again, wife's car).

#41 ·
I did my ride tonight and I gotta tell ya, there is ) difference in the behavior of the tranny between popping the shifter to the left ot togglinh to sport mode using the adaptive drive switch (with drivetrain turned on in the settings). The transmission acts identically in both settings. So my question is if it goes into the same mode why doesn't BMW display the S1-S7 when we are in "sport" mode (again, providing you have drivetrain effected in the settings)? BTW, if I slide the shifter to the left when I'm already in "sport" mode nothing changes (except the ability to manually change the gears).

#42 ·
I hear you, but I just can't imagine that BMW would have the DEC Sport Mode, and the Gear DS Mode both adjusting the transmission shift points. :dunno:

#45 ·
Thanks Shawn. I appreciate the effort to follow up on my understanding. Now my question goes back to: "Why doesn't BMW have the S1-S7 displayed when you enter in sport mode (transmission) when you do it via the toggle?" I'll keep looking for a coding answer but I suspect there may be triggered by a relay on the shifter instead of the tranny itself.

#47 ·
To Code, you need E-Sys coding application, PSdZdata coding data files, and an ENET Cable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.