BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Wheel Swap

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  rockdoctor 
#1 ·
Anyone in the Wisconsin or Minnesota area interested in swapping wheels... I'm looking for 19inch black, i have silver.

#6 ·
Meh, it's a personal thing really. I like that they have some contrast, but a) they are gloss black meaning they scratch so easily and b) because of the brake dust, you can almost never see the silver/gloss transition, the entire wheel turns into brown.

I much prefer the regular 19" wheels. They look a lot more classy. I dont like the black wheels, because from a distance, you cannot figure out the curves of the wheel. Whether you have a $10,000 wheel or a $1,000, it all looks the same (from a distance or while driving).

#12 ·
Meh, it's a personal thing really. I like that they have some contrast, but a) they are gloss black meaning they scratch so easily and b) because of the brake dust, you can almost never see the silver/gloss transition, the entire wheel turns into brown.

I much prefer the regular 19" wheels. They look a lot more classy. I dont like the black wheels, because from a distance, you cannot figure out the curves of the wheel. Whether you have a $10,000 wheel or a $1,000, it all looks the same (from a distance or while driving).
Do you mean they scratch easily, like in how regular gloss black paint scratches? I assume and would accept that they'd show "curb" scratches easier, but I would hope they use some kind of paint that doesn't "swirl" or get noticeably scuffed when not pampered. With silver wheels, I can take a wet cloth and straight up wipe it down with no four play, even if the wheel is filthy, and it'll look good as new, no visible swirl like scratches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.