BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Very thorough GC review

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  EmM HoLLa 
#1 ·
Almost everything you'd want to know about the GC...

#2 ·
... and then some. Thanks for passing it along.

#4 ·
I'm thoroughly enjoying my Panamera. I am not a gearhead, per se, but I know what I like. I knew I wanted the xDrive 750i when I first saw the F01/02, and it turned out being the best BMW for me...it had all the power I needed ( the M6's was great but mostly went to waste) and the comfort and looks of the car were off the chart IMO. So, no negatives whatsoever regarding the 7 Series for me. However, I've been attracted to the Panamera ever since one pulled away from me, like I was standing still, one early morning on the Beltway. Good looks is a subjective thing, and I've always considered the Pana as uniquely good-looking. Mine is the 4S, which means that it's an all-wheel-drive V8; it has the Chrono Package which, in addition to launch control, gives it 3 combinations of power, shift, and suspension settings. People who've previously rode in my 7 commented that there is no comparison to the comfort and accommodations of the Pana...although I still regard the front seats of the 7 (mine had the premium seats) as the best I've experienced. Also, for what it's worth, the V8 in the Pana is 400 HP and normally aspirated.

#5 ·
I'm really excited about my GC that's coming, but every time I see your sig pic, Leslie, I get a little twitch of Panamera lust.

Glad you're still posting here.

#9 ·
Very nice of you to say. Thanks!

#6 ·
I was thinking of getting a panamera gts before I knew the GC existed. But after being overwhelmed by all the options and nobody in the Austin Porsche dealership wanting to pay attention to me I decided I would move on for now.

Although, after seeing the new gran turismo concept, I could easily see that being my next vehicle after the GC.

#7 ·
I was thinking of getting a panamera gts before I knew the GC existed. But after being overwhelmed by all the options and nobody in the Austin Porsche dealership wanting to pay attention to me I decided I would move on for now.

Although, after seeing the new gran turismo concept, I could easily see that being my next vehicle after the GC.
I have Porsche dealership issues here, too. I'm treated so well -- obnoxiously well -- by my local BMW dealership that it's difficult to make the jump to another brand for that reason alone.

I agree on the Pan's Gran Turismo concept, too. Really nice.

#8 ·

Funny you should mention the treatment you received at your local Porsche dealer being a factor in your decision because I had that on my mind when I was thinking about the Porsche and didn't know what to expect from the dealer. [This is my first Porsche.] I called ahead (checking to see if "the coast was clear") to explain that I was in a leased BMW 7 Series and interested in test driving the Panamera as a potential next. It turned out that I was speaking with the manager (at Porsche of Tysons Corner) and he could not have been more gracious...he told me that they had every model of the Panamera available for me to test drive, and they did. I must have spent about two hours with my salesman test driving cars, and this was on a Saturday morning. Also, the salesman was very knowledgeable and walked me through all of the options (and buttons) on the cars...they actually appear more complicated than they are. The wonderful way that I was treated there made my decision to purchase rather easy...in addition to getting such a great price on my car. By the way, I did not test drive the Turbo notwithstanding that they offered it for testing to me 3 times...the third time being the funniest, as I was signing the papers for my 4S, and them saying "just try the Turbo"...all I could think (honestly) was wondering how many sets of tires I would go through in a year with that car.

#10 ·
If the dealership here treated me like that, I probably would have walked away with a panamera. The cars pretty much sell them selves, especially after you drive one. I have actually wanted a panamera for over a year, but after the lack of attention and arrogance from the dealer I left pretty disappointed. I didn't even want to shop other Porsche dealerships after that.

On the other hand the GC will be my first BMW and so far the Austin dealership has been outstanding. They have gone far and beyond my expectations.

#11 ·
On the other hand the GC will be my first BMW and so far the Austin dealership has been outstanding. They have gone far and beyond my expectations.
The GC also is a great choice. Please be sure to post pictures when you get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.