BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Dealing with light to medium scratches?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Revelation19 
#1 ·
I've been thru this forum more than once, can't seem to find a direct answer...I have an '08 335, Monaco Blue....several places on doors and trunk lid have scratches that look like that they were made by finger nails, or the nails of dog paws getting up on the doors.....what should I do to get them out or at least less noticeable? Thanks, WC

#2 ·
If you can feel these with your finger nail chances are they are not all going to come out. I would suggest that you have a detailer in your area look at them. Sounds to me that its going to require a machine buffing to get the reduced

#3 ·
After you fix the scratches, you may want to consider some clear bra material placed in that "pocket". I had this done on the E90 and the E86 under the door handle, zero marks on the paint.

#4 ·
With a DA orbital polisher, try to remove the scratches yourself with a compound then polish.

With an orange pad, use Meguiars M105 cutting compound. Work the areas well until the scratches are minimized or gone.

With a white pad, use Meguiars M205 to clean up any hazing from the compound step.

This may not completely remove all scratches, that would depend on how deep they are. Think it's worth a try though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.