BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Successfully coded my E70

173K views 283 replies 110 participants last post by  kt550xi 
#1 ·
Coded:
1. Windows up / sunroof close with keyfob
2. Mirrors fold on lock with keyfob
3. Disable annoying iDrive disclaimer
4. Hazzard double blink (instead of flash, pause, flash pause, its now flash, flash, pause, flash flash, pause)
5. Foglights active with high beams
6. Corner light delete
7. Digital speedometer (Even though I already have HUD)

I still have to code the trunk close from the button inside and also the keyfob.

#130 · (Edited)
Yes, the links die pretty quickly

Blue Dragon, do you have any video of the M HUD...or can you list what additional info is shown once coded on the X5d? I see the tach in the image, but are there other improvements?
Didn't take any video, and I disabled the M HUD, you lose you navigation directions on the hud with Mhud enabled. Also, its hard to calibrate the tack display to the proper engine RPM on a non M engine

#137 ·
Yes, the links die pretty quickly

Didn't take any video, and I disabled the M HUD, you lose you navigation directions on the hud with Mhud enabled. Also, its hard to calibrate the tack display to the proper engine RPM on a non M engine
Blue Dragon - can you please share where and what settings you changed . I have the green, yellow and red graph showing, but the graph shows no activity. This is for the 2012 x5d.

Thanks.

#138 ·
#133 ·
Thank you to everyone that has provided the information/programs to code. I was successful in coding my E70 (MY13).

I wanted to add some things to the list for us E70 drivers that I have not seen in this thread.

1. 8 buttons for memory, instead of 6 (uses AM/FM and Menu)
CIC Module - FBM_SELECTION - eight_buttons

2. To view QMVH (LATERAL-MOMENT DISTRIBUTION REAR AXLE) in BC Stalk
Kombi Module - BC_QMVH_sorry forgot rest - activ

Does anyone know how to code the entry aid steering wheel? I'm looking for which module that has:
EINSTIEGSHILFE_HOEHE AND EINSTIEGSHILFE_LAENGE to make it nicht_activ

#134 ·
I find it absolutely amazing that people are willing to download software from unknown sources and use that to modify their cars. The Audi community has Ross-Tech and their VCDS software. Is there anything like this for the BMW world? I wish there were an easy solution. I'd be willing to pay for it. I had my X5 coded by someone but my dealer erased all that when I had my trailer hitch installed. I've spent all morning reading the bmwcoding stuff on several forums and its just not straight forward like the VCDS. Lots of google is your friend and download this and that from this torrent site, etc.

OK. Flame suit on. I know there are people who are much better at this stuff than I am and go ahead and tell me its easy etc, but not for me. I'm not comfortable doing this stuff the way it is being done currently.

#139 ·
^^
I had already looked at that thread. There is nothing conclusive there or it seems like no one has it working for the way it should be for E70 Diesel. I'll keep looking, although it is really not that useful.

My next challenge is to figure out how to remove the speed limit from the rear and/or side cameras.

#145 ·
I am trying to buy the correct cable and have read all of this thread but want to make sure I understand correctly exactly what I need. I see several eBay auctions and some just have a silver cable, some include a black cable and other include just a silver cable and a CD. Do I need all three of these or just one cable and the CD or just the cable and I can get the software on the CD on a website? I have looked at the BMWcoding website and feel I am at the point of getting the cable/software and working with the BMW Coding Tool that I downloaded from that site from BMW735.

Will this one work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BMW-INP..._Automotive_Tools&hash=item3a7122f4c2&vxp=mtr

Or this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-INPA-Ed..._Automotive_Tools&hash=item41700f0e29&vxp=mtr

What key features, DCAN, OBD, INPA...should I make sure it has? Thanks in advance for the help I can't wait to start the process!

#146 ·
The cable I bought from ebay had this description: BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface, D-CAN, CAN

So, it seems like either one of the cables in the link will work. I do remember that for the newer X5, one of the pins (pin #8??) needed to be removed, unless the cable came with that pin removed. There are plenty of references to this on the BMWCoding website.

All the software you need is available for download somewhere or the other.

Good luck and happy coding...

#155 ·
If you guys give me until tomorrow, I'll PM you where you can download them ;). I only have V.44 though, so if you need newer, you are out of luck. Its over 3GB compressed and over 8 GB uncompressed, so I can't share it too much. I don't have the transfer cap or the bandwidth

#157 ·
I would love to get a copy if you can spare the bandwith. ...although I've been coding with the daten files that came packaged in the software and it's been working fine, so maybe I shouldn't update?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.