BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Charcoal M6 wheels

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  136881 
#1 ·
I just finished my M6 wheels in a dark charcoal color and am excited to get them on the car. I think these will look nice on a White 6, I am going for the white black theme.

These are replica's in 20's fron 8.5 and rear 9.5.

I am thinking of 275/35/20 and 245/35/20 for tires. What do you think?

I am also planning on 20mm spacers in the back and 10mm in the front. Also H&R springs.

I will post pictures when the car is ready.

Sorry for the crappy phone pic.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The wheel color looks good. I've always been a fan of a gunmetal or charcoal wheel.

One question on tires... 275/35/20 puts you at a good half inch taller than the stock wheel and tire diameter. I don't know what the clearance would be like with that much more total diameter, but it will throw your speedometer off about 5%. If you were hoping to match the stock height on the rear, 275/30/20 would match stock height almost perfectly on the rear.

However, 245/35/20 on the fronts will end up being exactly the right diameter to match the stock size.

Just something I noticed unless you had specific plans for it to be taller in the rear. At any rate, I think it will look good in that color on a white car. :)

#4 ·
It is important to match the overall diameter of the front and rear tires, so if you do go with 245/35 then you should go with 275/30 in the rear. The internal systems of the BMW use inputs from each wheel to make decisions about a variety of things such as traction control and tire pressure -- if you mount tires that are of different sizes (diameter) then they will not work as well as they are supposed to and you can get all sorts of annoying warnings from the car...

#7 ·
actually if you can 285/30/20 is much better in the back... pairs well with 245/35/20 in front... although if you want to 255/35/20 in front is acceptable...

wider wheels just look much better in the back...

interestingly 255/35/20 is much cheaper than 245/35/20

#9 ·
Wheel looks nice in the charcoal. Its one of the reasons why I like my stock so much becasue of the charcoal color and the polish combination.

#15 ·
they sell the M sticker as well.. I know i've seen them somewhere

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.