BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E36 official firearms thread.

32K views 422 replies 37 participants last post by  Rich_Jenkins 
#1 ·
We talk about firearms in the OT thread an awful lot, and while it's OT to BMW, it gets talked about frequently enough to probably use it's own thread.

SO: the main purpose will be to openly discuss and share photos of and about firearms. This IS NOT to be a political thread, we all have our opinions about it and this ain't the place for it, so check it at the door. This is going to be a friendly thread about reviews, acquisitions, advice, and general discussion.

Okay so there will be some ground rules

• No attempts to buy or sell any firearm, ammo, or components
  • keep politics to an abosolute minimum
  • no fanboy circlejerks
  • do not post pictures or videos of you or anyone else engaging in risky or otherwise illegal behavior
  • always use proper safe firearm handling techniques
  • do not take any legal advice from here, we're not lawyers and thusly not liable for anything stupid or illegal that you or someone may or may not do
  • it is okay to post pictures from hunts, but no blood/gore please
  • use common sense when posting, if it seems wrong, it probably is.
This list will be amended as time goes on I'm sure but these are a few of the basics that immediately come to mind.

With all that, let us get started?

See less See more
#40 · (Edited)
This is my Ishapore 2A1 or "Ishy"

Attachments

#44 ·
Another gem my grandfather had was his old service rifle that he kept for hunting after the war. A Lee Enfield Jungle Carbine. Beautiful. Unfortunately his collection was sold by 'well meaning' family members as us grandkids were too young when he passed. (I was the eldest, and only 12).

#45 · (Edited)
ah too bad. That's how a lot of collectors get their hands on antique firearms these days. there's only a few remaining service members from WWII, and after that they quit letting service members retire with their weapons.

#46 ·
My Remington 700 and Remington 870.
I should note I don't have any loyalty to the brand. They just happened to be what was available to me when I was in that particular market.

Attachments

#48 · (Edited)
Ken I want those last two!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Bimmer App
i love them. believe it or not only a couple of years ago i was super against shotguns, i thought they were stupid and only for hunting. then i bought one... needless to say that 870 has had over 5000 shells through it. and the 700 is just a baby, i bought it last year and have only pushed about 75 rounds through it. all high dollar .308 ammo too... that Nikon glass is the best 3x9 scope for under 400 dollars, anywhere. it even has an iphone app that adjusts for wind, temp, distance, load, ect. it also has the x mark pro series trigger that is adjustable and i have it turned down to 2lbs...

#49 ·
A question for you Chadling, what requirements does your parent's gun shop have for hiring people?

Do they accept accreditation from courses like this?

#50 ·
It's not that bad. If you have gunsmithing under your belt, I can pretty much guarantee you a spot. If you are wondering for realz, pm me...

#53 ·
#55 ·
Nice Chip! I needed to check that out. I'm headed to a chicago suburb this weekend to pick up some hellrot body panels. Always have to check what crazy law illinois and/or cook county has passed before a trip.

Has anyone been to a LGS today to see prices? I hope Matt can find an XD without too much trouble given its mag capacity is in Feinstein's crosshairs.

#56 ·
all LGS around here are either sold out of everything or are waiting for more to come back in. the ones that arn't sold out of ammo are rationing it like food during a famine

#58 ·
Don't know what LGS is, but I tried to get 9mm around here and Bass Pro Shops was out, most gun shops were out, and when I called Walmart and asked for sporting goods the operator said "If you're looking for ammo, we're completely out and so is every store in the Bay Area and Central Valley."

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

#59 ·
I know from experience that it is not illegal to ship ammo. I bought 10 bandoliers worth of surplus 8mm Mauser ammo for $65 and they shipped it right to my front door. Was about 3 years ago, still haven't shot all of it. Just food for thought.

#60 · (Edited)
Local Gun Shop.

And damn, sounds like we're all in the same boat. The only place I can find ammo at is the range and their rationing carefully to support lane rentals. A lesser quality shop has a Sig 556 in stock. Price tag is over $2k. You have to bring your own lube.

#62 ·
I have two reloaders and enough stuff to load 2k rounds, on top of 3.5k rounds of sealed military ammo :)

I dont think I've bought store ammo in 4 years...

#64 ·
Good luck even finding one, for that matter.

#66 ·
Looks like it escaped because it doesn't have a detachable magazine like the Izhmash 12 does. I guess the Franchi got tagged because it has a semi-auto mode where you don't have to pump the rounds into the chamber?:dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.