BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

6 Series Performance Drive

3K views 44 replies 10 participants last post by  Pilot_Guest 
#1 ·
I am curious, has anyone taken the free 2-day performance drive in SC since taking ownership of your 6er?

If you have, I would love to hear about your experience.

GMAN

#28 ·
645cic chime

credit777 said:
Pilo -

OK, I have one question. Do you think the chime on the 6er is a bit too loud - or just right?
lol as you well know its way too loud
but in about forty years if i still have it, it will be just about right plus i would need it then to remind me to close the door and take the key out, one problem in forty years i'll either be dead or too old to drive anything bigger than a walker.
i like your questions
got more?

#31 ·
bling factor

credit777 said:
Pilo -

OK, I have one question. Do you think the chime on the 6er is a bit too loud - or just right?
seems its too loud on this particular model for some people, ive seen and heard a lot of complaints about the same thing from other owners of this particular model.
apparently subaru is having a similar problem on some of their models and the way to defeat it has been leaked out. i think its a shame that most people that defeat it do so because its so loud and annoying and they end up shutting it off altogether because they cant figure out how to just quiet it down to an acceptable volume.
i think the manufactures have their hands tied by some of these things which are mandated by the feds but they go too far when they make these chime/gongs too loud on some models and beyond the requirements they have to follow. there is no reason for chimes/gongs to be louder on certain models. if this car was my daily driver it would already be gone and it is definately in the running to be traded in next.
i encourage non attacking comments and questions on this matter but i have had to use the ignore feature on at least one member that was offended by my poll that i might add was 75% in my favor.

#33 · (Edited)
seat massage, not sure if it was standard or option

GeneArch said:
Yet another chime thread takeover.. :rolleyes:
another one got taken over?? i will not re-post my poll because apparently it was upsetting for some,
by the way it was 75% in my favor.
Gman, ill be interested to hear about how the 6 driving experience goes, i am predicting that you will have positive comments as i did. you might want to go to the Grove Park Inn site and familiarize yourself with the place, just a suggestion.
gotta love that seat massager on the 760i, i had a message that credit777 wanted to know about the chime on my 645 but at first i thought he was someone else. im sure it was a legit question so i responded.

#34 ·
I'll Will Be Sure To Let You Guys Know

pilotrosso said:
Gman, ill be interested to hear about how the 6 driving experience goes, i am predicting that you will have positive comments as i did. you might want to go to the Grove Park Inn site and familiarize yourself with the place, just a suggestion.
Cool, thanks

GMAN

#37 ·
chateau man

gbelton said:
Cool, thanks

GMAN
GMAN i also went to the marriott hotel site and checked that out, but im pretty thorough on stuff like that, i dont like to get jacked around when i arrive.
the first night dinner is pretty good there but you have to buy your own wine, i suggest the chateau st jean and dont forget to tip them generously since bmw is picking up the tab on the rest of it and the help there at the hotel are typically very nice people as we found most north and south carolina people were.

#38 ·
Kewl...

pilotrosso said:
GMAN i also went to the marriott hotel site and checked that out, but im pretty thorough on stuff like that, i dont like to get jacked around when i arrive.
the first night dinner is pretty good there but you have to buy your own wine, i suggest the chateau st jean and dont forget to tip them generously since bmw is picking up the tab on the rest of it and the help there at the hotel are typically very nice people as we found most north and south carolina people were.
Thanks. I too don't like to get Jerked all your experiences are helpful.

GMAN

#39 ·
GeneArch said:
Yet another chime thread takeover.. :rolleyes:
I was being sarcastic. Didn't mean to "re-chime" in. :p

#41 ·
gbelton said:
Thanks. I too don't like to get Jerked all your experiences are helpful.

GMAN
if you have a laptop we had free internet at the marriot and at the grove park inn.
i don't think the marriott was supposed to be free internet in the room but we must have leaked over from the michelin offices next door or something so make sure you try it before you pay for it.
the grove park inn gives you an envelope when you check in and in there is a slip of paper with a code on it so you can log on courtesy of BMW i guess.
have fun and probably the best advice for the entire trip i can give you is to make sure when you are all robed up for your massage and they have the guy over by you grinning and the chick over by your wife that you get that swapped around, with advance notice you ought to be able to come up with something tactful to say like 'i think my wife would perfer to have masculine hands massaging her' or something like that, they caught me off guard. Actually i was surprised that they didnt ask, but if you dont say anything sure enough that grin faced guy will be massaging you instead of the blonde if you get the same massagers that we got. i want to hear how that ends up.

#44 ·
He, He, Ha, Ha

pilotrosso said:
the term used was JACKED AROUND not jerked, does your wife know about this problem?
Funny... No Other comment.

On second thought, my girlfriend does me fine. Shhh, no body is supposed to know.:)

GMAN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.