BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The "I'm looking/shopping for a 6 series" and have some questions thread....

241K views 399 replies 209 participants last post by  Six-Demon-Bag 
#1 ·
The "I'm looking/shopping for a 6 series" and have some questions thread....

what up fellas i just finished payin off this car ive had for a about 2 yrs. i see like 05 06 6ers for around 40 45. besides the sick look of the ride any body wanna add something to further convince. the price and looks got me already. Thanks.

#250 ·
2010 Coupe

Since you asked...

I purchased my 2010 "6" in January for 49K. It had 20,500 mi and 10 mth's of warranty left (important to me because this was my 1st BMW and I have heard some horror stories). It has been everything I had hoped for and more! I have not regretted my decision once.

As far as the coupe/vert decision... I got the convertible bug out of my system in college. It was great and I loved it. However, I got the 6 to DRIVE! And drive I do... The thought of flipping a convertible and sliding down the road was not a good trade for open air motoring. Besides, I'm lucky enough to have an MC for that. I would never say one is better than the other, it's strictly what your preference is.

Good luck in your search. If interested, send me a reply and I will forward the dealer I purchased from, to you. They were great to deal with and I would not hesitate to buy from them again. I had to drive about 350 mi to pick the car up is a testament to that.

L

#261 ·
Retrofit?

Interested in 6 series convertible. I know the ventilated seats were available for 2012, but cannot figure out if they were available in previous years. thanks.
The M5 had these seats as options from 2008 and perhaps even before? Perhaps the M6 did also. In any case, recycled parts are starting to become more available. If you are working in black, may be easier. Chateau Red, could be a bit harder! I would think that the bolting in and electrical connections would be feasible. Then you would want to code to suit. For example, with me it was liking the looks of the pre-LCI 650 but wanting the latest audio and iDrive. I found the right car and then pursued the retrofitting of CIC and now the combox. Works for me!

#254 ·
How reliable is the 630i with 2008 year , 272 hp.

Does anyone have this engine and how is he satisfied?

I read on forums that they have a problem with HPFP pump same as the 335i and problems with seals.
We don't get that motor over here in North America, the V8 is our only option. Maybe someone from the UK can chime in?

#255 ·
Hello All,
First let me advise anyone buying to check Autocheck as well as Carfax. I have had problems with Carfax not showing accidents that did appear on Autocheck. Just 2 days ago I put a deposit on a car(had seen the carfax) then ran autocheck and found an accident that did not show of carfax. Happened before the second owner got the car(while in dealers possession) and they second owner said they did not even know about it. Got my deposit back. For $40 it is worth it.
I am looking at 2006 and 2007 650 coupes and I am finding there is a wide range of prices for what appear to be similarly equipped cars. I also noticed a wide range of mileage on the cars. Anything from 47,000 to 140,000 miles. How well does the 650 engine hold up over time? Should I be avoiding anything over 100,000 miles? I realize that it has a great deal to do with how it was maintained but in a general sense with basic maintenance does the higher mileage lead to more issues or does it age well?
thanks

#256 ·
Re: The "I'm looking/shopping for a 6 series" and have some questions thread....

I have a 2007 650 coupe with 54,100 miles and a manual transmission for sale. Accident free. Check the classifieds for pictures and details or PM me.

#260 ·
Re: The "I'm looking/shopping for a 6 series" and have some questions thread....

What do you guys think of a 2004 645ci black on red, 63k miles, manual speed for $20k? Im test driving it tomorrow snd really tempted to buy it but would like to know what im getting myself into in all aspect ;)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using BimmerApp mobile app

#263 ·
Greetings, to all of you with a 650 convertible, do you all keep the run-flats on there, or has anyone changed to conventional tires and managed to stuff a spare donut back there, is this feasible in the convertible? thanks.
Many owners have switched to non-runflats including me. I love the improvement in ride with the normal tires and the lower weight. Cost is less as a bonus. I just carry a can of fix-a-flat but some guys have bought the BMW spare tire kit designed E60 5 series. Here is thread about the spare with pictures in the trunk and links to a retailer.

#264 ·
I am just in Love and about to plunge into buying 2006 650i with 150k miles on the odo. Top issues maybe a problem. Someone posted on this site that BMWs are built to last for 150k. I can't believe that because i have an 07 328xi with 300k miles, very clean and everything works perfectly.
Still love this 6xer, and will buy regardless.its $24k.
Due to my location(Africa), car is already in Benin republic. I have no access to previous record of the car. The best i did was check the CARFAX record and it checks fine with no major issue reported.
Plan is to sell my perfect 328xi with 300k miles, which i also bought blindly. Repair Insurance is not available here and no reputable dealership too.
Thank you guys for this forum, without you i will probably stick to indestructible Japanese cars and miss the driving fun. My 328 opened my eyes.
From what i read here, i should expect leaks. I think i need to change transmission oil too.

Attachments

#265 ·
My 06 650i vert arrives, certainly a head turner.
1.Rear brake pads really worn out, order a STOPTECH pads replacement from Amazon.
2.Some scratches on the rear cabin plastic panels and rear seats look like they've stayed in the elements with vert down for a while. Will clean and apply leather treatment.
3.Cigarette lighter not working(will check fuse #87).
4.Music sound not as good as my 07 328xi(i guess theres nothing i could do about that)
5. CD loader not in vehicle, so i can only load 1 dashboard CD.(Considering buying 1 off ebay)
6.Couldnt locate IPOD connection, (I guess the car doesn't have it and have to look for after market)
Biggest downside for me so far is music quality, wish it could be better. My 328xi churns out a good balance of base and trebles.

#270 ·
My vert top woes began. At the beginning the top was opened and would not close, if i press the close button, the trunk lid opens but the top will not come out to close so i press the the open button to close the lid. i drove around in the hot tropic sun with open top and sunglass pretending to enjoy the burning sun till a few days later at night as i was parking the car, i pressed the close button, lo and behold the lid open but this time the top came out and covered the car normally.
Now the reverse is the case, top will not open. If i press the open button, the top just move an inch off the windshield and stuck there, have tried this several times with same result. Dunno what to do next and have no dealers in the neighbourhood to look at it.
Any help greatly appreciated.

#274 ·
I was invited to a dealer's lot to look at some 6's. I prefer the old rear look not the new version so I told the dealer nothing later than 2010. They had a 2009, same color as my 05, but black interior. I really got an appreciation of my interior, the balck does contrast well with the outside body but the car looks tighter more cramped, and the black tends to look more worn. This car was 4 years younger, but even the sales people had to admit my car looked cleaner, newer. Then came the game. I shared with them that I really liked some of the things on the 09 that my car didn't have (new gear shift, CIC, comfort access, and HUD) thats why I was even willing to look, my car is fine no problems (yet). So they appraised my car, and even with rearview camera, and Dension (w/spec doc) they low balled me $17,500. They wanted $39k for their car with 79,000 miles, my car has 58,000 BTW. I think they are over pricing their car, and under valued mine, not willing to pay $20k for the nice to haves and get a much more worn vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.