BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#68,962 ·
wow!!!:yikes:

that thar is reeeel purty like. jus b'careful cuz i heerd telt that them thar emm cars is speshul n goh reeel fast-like. don wan nun o' them pohleeese gittin a'holt uh yer scorn't 17 yeer old drivin habitz now... (insert ******* smiley here...)

congrats jen!!!:thumbup:

df
:fruit:

Yay Jen! You officially just reached heroine status.

#68,967 ·
Thanks everyone for listening to me whine about car searching over this past year....and for the well wishes. This one is a keeper :)

Maybe the accident was the car gods telling me to listen to my gut and get rid of the snowmobile and move onto something more fun.

But what the heck to I call this one? :dunno: The CookieMonsterMobile is too long :rofl:

#68,969 ·
Lmfao James.

Jen, that is insanely awesome. Gorgeous.

And, FWIW, CookieMonsterMobile is perfect. :D

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

#68,971 · (Edited)
Imagine, if you can, just being out of high school with your whole life ahead of you when you are called to a strange land you have never seen to fight an evil you do not know. There is no choice, you have to go.
The fighting is constant, the casualties are terrible. Old friends and new ones are dying all around you, hundreds and even thousands in a day. You're terrified and faced with death every waking moment. You're not sure why you have to keep fighting, but in the same moment you know that everything that is right depends on you fighting a strange and unknown enemy, and winning.

And so you fight, thousands of miles from everything you know. You fight and fight. You kill men. You wonder if you are right, if you are justified. You wonder if it will ever end, if life will ever be normal again. You wonder if you will ever get home and see familiar faces, familiar places, ever again. You wonder if you will ever lead a life where success is not measured by the death you inflict.

You fight and you fight, day in and day out. You see men die, young men, men just like you, with families at home, an ocean and a lifetime away. You kill men, young men, men just like you, with families at home. You know it is circumstance and dumb luck that kills them and not you.

When you get home people will call you a hero, but that's not what you feel like. You feel like a young man scared and wanting to go home, wanting to see your Mom, your Dad, your girlfriend, anyone but the enemy who is trying to kill you in this nameless place. People will try to relive this hell for ever, when all you want to do is forget. People will celebrate your actions, but what you are doing makes you sick.
You fight through mud, through cold, through unspeakable horror, until the fighting ends, until the killing stops. The enemy has been defeated; you have won. You don't feel like a winner, you just feel exhausted, relieved, sad, sick, and a million other things that people who weren't there wouldn't understand.

In your victory is loss. Loss of friends, comrades, young men who should have lived, sons and husbands and fathers who will be missed until the dying moments of their loved ones. There really is no victor, for the ones you have killed in your victory really aren't much different from the ones you mourn. Their parents and children and lovers will miss them just the same. They were just following orders, just doing their job.
There is war today. There always has been; there always will be. We are the lucky ones. The wars of our time do not begin to rival the horror WWI and WWII. Generations of families, even entire communities, were erased fighting for the freedoms we take for granted. The freedom we enjoy is the labour of those before us.

On this solemn day, be thankful for those who fought for our privileges, and respect those who choose to fight today to allow this privilege to those in far away lands who are oppressed. Whatever your beliefs or political leanings, today is a day to respect those who do and who did offer their lives to protect our way of life. Whether you agree or don't with the politics of current of past wars, today is the day to appreciate those who fought and those who fight, who set aside their personal beliefs and take orders, those who risk, risked, and gave up their lives in support of the nation we call home. Today is not a day for politics, it is a day for remembrance.

Freedom is not free. Do not forget those who paid for our freedom, and be thankful we do not live in an age where our own freedom is something that must be won by force. Enjoy your Sunday, for you will not spend it overseas dodging bullets. Whatever you do today will be better than that.
http://www.ott-motorcycles.ca/index.php?topic=52209.msg317626;topicseen#new

#68,973 · (Edited)
Thank you Ed, Carlos, and whomever else of our OT gang (speak up!) has served for their countries. Most countries don't have the opportunity to have 100 million people vote in a hard fought election without fighting or fear of retaliation. Freedom is not free....something we take for granted more often than not.

And Ed..thank you for sharing that very moving piece....

#68,979 · (Edited)
Holy crap. Just found a local 2005 M3 zcp (competition package in my favorite, interlagos blue) with 15,000 miles. Yes, 15,000 miles. Going to check it out right now. We may have a winner, folks...
:yikes: I just saw this

nice find jen!

EDIT: the m52 lives (at least it runs fine) ! the water pump separated itself and spits out coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.