BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#68,982 ·
Promised pics for Karl of the Jaguar special delivery. This was FedExed to Brittany after the driving event we went to. Neither Karl nor I got one.....

In order of the rather impressive unboxing:
Technology Electronic device Electronics Netbook
Text Paper Technology Electronic device Document
Electronics Technology Electronic device Electronic instrument Multimedia
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Performance car
Metal

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

#68,985 ·
Jen, that car is beautiful. I am in so much awe and jealousy that it's yours :drool

James, that sounds like fun. Dunno how that would work though :dunno:

It's raining out with a mix of snow. But it's 60* out. It's a freaking mess outside. Luckily for me, I'm in the garage. Working on a super clean Boston Green E36. I love how I pick up side jobs through selling parts :)

#68,986 ·
Speaking of side jobs, fixed a 95 M3 the other day. I've been doing work on it here and there. Had a hesitation and a misfire. idled bad too. I told the Guy before he needs new coils because it has BAV auto ones which are junk.

Turns out they started going bad. One was arching to the valve cover lol. Replaced that one and it was better, but not perfect. So I put all mine on from the built motor and wallah! He says it never ran that well before.

So remember folks, don't buy BAV auto coils! !

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App

#68,989 ·
Matt, get money. You won't believe how much you use a car trailer

#68,990 ·
I know. I've borrowed one three times recently.

I really like that one, but I think I want a big open deck trailer so I can pull ATVs and equipment and such.

Had a fuel leak on my fuel rail on the Duramax. It would only do it at high pressure. I usually don't beat the truck but I noticed it when I pulled a trailer. It would run down the engine and onto the downpipe and SMOKE like crazy lol.

Loosened the fittings, cleaned them and re tightened. All good now!

I need to get it tuned though.....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App

#68,991 · (Edited)
Looks sharp Matt...... I'd love something like that. To be honest though it's so cheap and easy to get a UHaul for $60/day that I don't know if I could justify it, but I'd really love one nonetheless.

Seriously talking to someone about trading the Rover for a BiarritzBlau 2001 740i Sport on M-Pars with nav, an Individual interior and sport seats w/ 101k miles. Guy said he wants to do a straight trade. If it's in good shape I think we'll do it. Unfortunately, it'll just be for a flip since I just tested the stroller in my dad's 740iL and it doesn't leave room for anything else in the trunk.

Brittany now thinks she wants a Suburban. I thought she wanted something smaller. I'm so confused. :eeps:

See here (old link from previous owner): http://www.themotoringenthusiast.com/cars/e38-740i-sport

#68,992 ·
Burbans are nice. Especially the newer ones. Boss has one fully loaded, it's basically a Cadillac without the badges.

It's a shame you can't get them in diesels anymore. LML Suburban would be sickkkkkkk

#68,997 ·
Burbans are nice. Especially the newer ones. Boss has one fully loaded, it's basically a Cadillac without the badges.

It's a shame you can't get them in diesels anymore. LML Suburban would be sickkkkkkk
Not looking at new ones, just in the same price range as what we have currently. There's no GMT800 that has even a halfway passable interior IMO, including the Escalade.

LOL, about the only thing bigger than the 'burb would be an Excursion.....

at least anything with 2 axles :lmao:
:rofl: Tell me about it. She said she wanted something SMALLER than the ROVER, a fun sporty sedan. Now we go to the Burban? :pullshairout:
Oh my God... That car is absolutely gorgeous.. I would own that in an instant.
I plan to. And then sell it. Taking offers now. :D
Chad, get a Tahoe, same thing only a tad smaller. A suburban isn't needed unless you have a HUGE family lol.

True, that's pretty cheap to rent a trailer. I wouldn't mind doing some towing for money though.
Tahoe has no benefit over the Rover. The reason she wants a Suburban is because we do a lot of joint events with family and friends and always end up taking multiple cars. with a Burb we would have 7-8 seats and cargo room. With a Tahoe, we could squeeze people in the back but then would have no room for cargo. I'm trying to convince her that it's fine to take two cars, but she says it's more fun........

Ah, I love suburbans. It's comfortable to sit in the back even with the max passenger capacity.
GORGEOUS sig photo dude.

#68,999 ·
chad, i don't really care for blue so much in a vehicle, but that is one nice looking e38.

well, except for the tails...:eeps:

sorta goes against the rest of the 'clear' lenses on the chassis.

but i like the e38 740i best. too bad the na market didn't get a manual option.

i'd be looking for one in imola...:D

did i mention i am looking at an e38....:eeps:

probably going to take a gander at it tommorrow. will know more from there.

and suburbans are rather huge, and excursions are even moreso....hated putting those things on lifts....

df

#69,000 ·
Not looking at new ones, just in the same price range as what we have currently. There's no GMT800 that has even a halfway passable interior IMO, including the Escalade.
I'm talking GMT900. 800's are meh. You'd laugh if I suggested 400 :rofl:

Speaking of gmt800s, I might upgrade to a duramax crew cab. It would be LLY or newer. This is if I can't find a clean crew cab dually in gmt400, for the cummins swap. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.