BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

D1S Headlight

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  samadkins29 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the temp of the bulbs that come with the car..

2007 750Li with dynamic D1S headlights

I want to get Fogs and Brights to match.... also high beams bulb type? I looked on e92 lighting and real oem.... not much to go on..... dont want to pull apart just to check... want to order everything and then do install at one time

if anyone knows can you confirm bulb types for fogs? i got hb4/9006, but want to make sure.

also mtec halogens for angel eyes.... has anyone got those or did everyone go with the LEDs? want brightest white maybe with a blue-ish tint, know what temp I shoud go with?

#6 · (Edited)
I am aware of this and its not what I wanted...... HIDs are not meant to be turned on and off like halogen I know..... thanks for heads up tho..... i only asked for temp because I want color to match..... in halogen bulb tho....

By the way my D1S head lights are the xenon HID... the temp is up at the 6k range already... no way they are 4300k.. the brights and fogs are haolgens yes and in the warm temp of 4300k....

#7 ·
The stocks if not 4300k are 5k (white). Those are the only two options. Mine came new with white 5k headlight bulbs pre-installed. DDMTuning will have 5k and 6k. Get new bulbs all around. I made the mistake of just getting 5k fog lights and they are whiter/brighter than my headlights since those bulbs are old and not a bright.

#8 ·
my HIDs (that came with the car) have a blue tint to them but are still very white.. i must say according to the chart they would be the 6k.... the lens for the dynamics is clear so i dont think that is giving it the blueness.... if the bulbs are 43 or 5k where does the blue come from , there is definitely no yellow or warm tone to the white so the cant be as low as 43k can they?

#9 ·
6K is usually pure white with just a blueish outer ring. Anything "yellowish/warm" would be 43k. Pure white is 5K. So yours could be 6k stock. But if they are the original bulbs, thats 6 years. HID changes color over time as it gets old. But either way, best to just start fresh. 5k or 6k, it really doesn't matter.

#10 ·
hmm good point... if i can get the bulbs cheap then maybe... wasnt planning on chagnign the HIDs.... unless one went out..... i have seen them for 120 a bulb and then ddm tuning at 30 a bulb..... but i dunno.. the reason i didnt want to upgrade the angel eyes to led is partyl hassle of going bad, but mostly price lol... i am cheap...:rofl: I know it...

#12 ·
DDMTuning.com has them at $30 for the (pair) not each.
GEE WILLIKERS BATMAN... you're right.... might have to get those after all:thumbup:

what is that stock color that comes on the new 3 series angel eyes. If I get 5k hids i dont want the angel eyes to blend in all the way...

maybe 5k lows, 6k angels, 5k brights and 5k fogs
or 6k lows, 5k angels. 6k brights and 6k fogs.

which way would all of you go?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.