335i coupe base manual
Sport package
Metallic paint
Park distance control
Heated seats
Destination & Handling

ED wholesale price: 37935
US wholesale: 44050

My dealer also tacked on $180 for eurodelivery as he showed me it was on the euro wholesale pricelist. i couldn't talk him out of it.

Sale price: 39135
Acquisition fees: 625
MF: 0.00200
Downpayment: 0
Term: 36 mos/15K miles
Residual: 58% = 25549
NY Tax: 7.75% = 1588.92

Monthly payment: 572.69

A couple of questions:

1. I'm in NY but bought this out of state. can i still bargain to do the 7 MSDs since i bought it outside of ny?
  2. My dealer also tacked on $180 for eurodelivery as he showed me it was on the euro wholesale pricelist. i couldn't talk him out of it. any suggestions?
  3. How do I calculate the taxes?
  4. Is this a good deal?
thanks

#419 ·
Can I mention 1 tip I learned from carbuyingtips.com? (Priceless site, btw.)

Get a spreadsheet. Plug-in the MF, selling price, all the fees, etc. It will spit back a number:

number_of_months*total_monthly_payment+Amount_due_at_lease_signing-first_months_payment-security_deposit+end_of_lease_fees+mileage_penalty

THAT is the number you use to negotiate with dealers. For a lease. Over the phone! That's how I got my acura.

I took the smallest Honda MF I could find, put that in. Looked at the "target price" on carsdirect, rounded it down to the next nice round number. OR you can do invoice + 3***37;, whichever is lower. That would be my "selling price." Tossed in a 350 dispo fee, no acq fee. (That always bothers me. When you go buy a TV, do they tell you, "Here's how much the TV is and here's the FEE to buy the TV at that price." Such idiocy.)

Piece of cake. I called & I said, "Look, I don't care about monthly payments & all that BS. I did my budget and at the end of 3 yrs, I can afford to pay $X amount. No more. *FOR EVERYTHING* Including your dealer fees, bank fees, feed my children fees, etc. Three years later, X will have left my pocket. That's it." First 3 dealers wouldn't take it but the 4th did!

Here's the kicker. I put down the deposit for the car, sight unseen, w/o knowing MF or selling price or any fees or anything! Worked out wonderfully. You'd be amazed how they got to that number. The dealer(!!!) paid himself a $1500 deposit! It said, "1500 cap cost reduction -- paid by the dealer." Can you believe that??

This goes to show you what a 3-card monte this whole deal is. Everytime you hear "Oh this fee is non-negotiable, look, it's even printed on the paper. Everybody pays it!" You just kick back and smile.

Anyway, just an idea. I really liked doing it this way because I hate going there and getting treated for a 3hr long dog & pony show.

Good luck everybody! I'm currently reading this thread, about to put together my numbers for a 335i lease :)

One thing that I've seen mentioned here and must mention again. If you are worried about monthly payments a) you prob can't afford it, b) you will get robbed.

What matters is how much money this hunk of metal will have cost you in 3 years. THAT'S IT.

#420 ·
Reading your advice was like being at wimbledon watching a tennis ball bouncing back and forth. I'm still not sure what exactly you are giving advice to do. You are not realizing that you are figuring out stuff that has already been established and the blueprint is there as well.

negotiate your amount over invoice
acquistion fee (pay 825 to get the buy rate)
MF (buy rate)

Use MSD's

That is it, and all you ahve to worry about. Your 3 year total cost is lowest using that formula regardless of model or lease figures.

#426 ·
hello all..

new here.

Ive been reading and it seems like leasing a bimmer would be ideal, (ive had two new cars in the last six months or so) so i dont wanna loose any money on depreciation.

Now my question is after reading much on leasing.

What do I need to do to get a payment of about 500 or less.. or close to it???
with about 12k/year and the most minimum out of my pocket at the time

heres what Im looking for

335i sedan
sports package, and maybe navi. (trying to have lowest monthly payments as possible.)

if anyone can help me with the plan out to give to dealerships to get the best possible monthly payment; it would be very helpful.

thanks.
TEENO

#428 ·
hello all..

new here.

Ive been reading and it seems like leasing a bimmer would be ideal, (ive had two new cars in the last six months or so) so i dont wanna loose any money on depreciation.

Now my question is after reading much on leasing.

What do I need to do to get a payment of about 500 or less.. or close to it???
with about 12k/year and the most minimum out of my pocket at the time

heres what Im looking for

335i sedan
sports package, and maybe navi. (trying to have lowest monthly payments as possible.)

if anyone can help me with the plan out to give to dealerships to get the best possible monthly payment; it would be very helpful.

thanks.
TEENO
Teeno after you have read extensively about leasing if you had to answer your own question what would you think?

What are some words of advice you would give yourself? Not trying to be a jerk but want to see how much you have read for rest assured all info you need is on here.

#433 ·
ok how do you get that 502?? lol.

heres what I got from reading in this forum

sedan
sports package
navi
metallic paint

msrp=42875
1500 down payment

41735= adjusted cap cost.
residual value=70%????24months/12kyear
MF-.0025
sales tax 8.25%

mo/702.xx with tax..

now thats not cool.. haha. I think I have a start.. how do I get that sucker down?? how much are MSD's? and SH** like that. where do i plug them in?

#434 ·
Is this a good deal?

I've got an offer of:

335i Sedan via ED
Step, Paddles, Comfort, Nav, Metallic Paint, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL
MSRP: $46865 (including destination)
Invoice: $43290 (including destination)

Offer: $44290 ($1000 over invoice)
$100 Dealer Processing Fee + $1432.70 (3***37; VA Tax & Tags)
Money Factor: 0.00176
Residual Value: 63%
$559.89/month for 35 months at 12,000 miles/year
$4759.89 due at signing - $4200 refundable (MSDs)

Should I be able to do better than this?

#437 ·
I've got an offer of:

335i Sedan via ED
Step, Paddles, Comfort, Nav, Metallic Paint, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL
MSRP: $46865 (including destination)
Invoice: $43290 (including destination)

Offer: $44290 ($1000 over invoice)
$100 Dealer Processing Fee + $1432.70 (3% VA Tax & Tags)
Money Factor: 0.00176
Residual Value: 63%
$559.89/month for 35 months at 12,000 miles/year
$4759.89 due at signing - $4200 refundable (MSDs)

Should I be able to do better than this?
This looks to be a good deal. Assuming no other fees, this is good. Toss in a few $$$$ to get that monthly to 549 so that the SD gets rounded up to 550 instead of 600. Should be below $200 on that cap cost reduction.

#435 ·
335i lease offer accepted

I thought I might share my accepted offer:

Crimson red/beige/burl 335i with step/paddle/comfort/sirius/cold weather/premium/sport. MSRP 46620 (plus 775 destination plus 180 dealer training fee plus 625 Acquision fee) INVOICE 42860

Sell Price 44146 (3% over invoice)
No money down
Money Factor 0.00175
Term 36 months/10k mileage
Residual 30269 (64%)
No Disposition fee or SD required (current BMW financial cust)

dest/training fee/acquisition fee paid upfront (1580.00)

Negotiated monthly payment 515.70 ex tax, 546.64 with IN tax

I then put down 7SD's 7x 550= 3850. MF reduced by 0.00049 to 0.00126

New monthly payment with tax 507/month

Yes I put a lot down, but I figure its a decent deal and I'll get most $ back when it comes time to get that M3.

#444 ·
I thought I might share my accepted offer:

Crimson red/beige/burl 335i with step/paddle/comfort/sirius/cold weather/premium/sport. MSRP 46620 (plus 775 destination plus 180 dealer training fee plus 625 Acquision fee) INVOICE 42860

Sell Price 44146 (3% over invoice)
No money down
Money Factor 0.00175
Term 36 months/10k mileage
Residual 30269 (64%)
No Disposition fee or SD required (current BMW financial cust)

dest/training fee/acquisition fee paid upfront (1580.00)

Negotiated monthly payment 515.70 ex tax, 546.64 with IN tax

I then put down 7SD's 7x 550= 3850. MF reduced by 0.00049 to 0.00126

New monthly payment with tax 507/month

Yes I put a lot down, but I figure its a decent deal and I'll get most $ back when it comes time to get that M3.
Just a question, you said something about getting your money back when you get an M3, can you please explain I don't understand how this works.

Thanks

#436 ·
I am getting the 335 coupe...nav, cold/premium/sport/, PDC, Comfort Access, IPod feature. I am leasing for 24 months/12k miles. I am paying $544/month with approx. $3,200 down (this includes license/reg, taxes, 1st mth pmt, security deposit, etc). I am doing the ED...so it truly pays to do this program...you literally save over $100/month. Yeah, i know what you are going to say..."but you are spending all the money to go to Europe"...this is true...but I bet you are going to spend money this year to go on a vacation, right? So this is my annual vacation and I get a great car out of it too...and to drive on the Autobahn! can't beat that. There is no way anyone could possibly get this low monthly pmt without doing ED.

#440 ·
Let me know what you think...

335i coupe
AW, Sport package, NAV, Bluetooth/IPod, Sat Radio, PDC, 6MT, Comfort Access
MSRP with destiantion = $47370
Cap Cost with destiantion - $46117.60
residual = $33632.70

money factor 0.00185
residual 71%
upfront fees = $3299
1st payment $720.83, tax up front $69.96, California tire fee $7.00, Arizona registration and title $871.22, doc fee $55.00, BMW bank fee $825.00, security deposit $750)

24 month lease/10,000 miles per year

monthly payment = $720.83

Let me know...

#441 ·
335i coupe
AW, Sport package, NAV, Bluetooth/IPod, Sat Radio, PDC, 6MT, Comfort Access
MSRP with destiantion = $47370
Cap Cost with destiantion - $46117.60
residual = $33632.70

money factor 0.00185
residual 71%
upfront fees = $3299
1st payment $720.83, tax up front $69.96, California tire fee $7.00, Arizona registration and title $871.22, doc fee $55.00, BMW bank fee $825.00, security deposit $750)

24 month lease/10,000 miles per year

monthly payment = $720.83

Let me know...
Upfront fees are too high. Why are you putting down close to $3300? Bank ee is $625, dealers are allowed to bump it up to a max of $825, looks like he is adding in an extra $200 profit for himself.

You can lower your MF by putting down up to 7 security deposits, your money factor can come down to as low as .00166

#443 ·
*BUMP* ...for more recent data!

What are people paying these days?

#445 ·
335xi vs 328xi

Hey guys, new here, and switching from Audi to BMW. Now I put a deposit down on a 335xi, and have the option to switch it over to a 328xi if I decide to by the end of Nov. I was hoping to see what you thought of the lease deal.

Final cost: 52,5xx
Black/black
AWD
Premium pkg
Sports pkg
Paddle shifters
Heated seats, wheel
NAV
Ipod/usb

36 month/10K miles
They are paying my last Audi payment of $516

Bank fee+1smt month pymt+taxes/titles/fees= $3471 (down)
0 cap cost

Total monthly pymt= $569

My other option was to get a loaded 328xi(~44000) for $100 less a month. I have the money for both, just want to know if the 335 is as great/worth it as it sounds. Please let me know what you guys think, anything would be appreciated.

Thanks

#450 ·
Wow thanks for all that, very helpful. I looked at truecar.com after you mentioned it, and it seems like my deal is a "good price."(I also added Sat radio, came to 52565 exactly)

Now we worked out the deal for 569(he talked to his manager, signed paper, etc.), and I put a deposit down, but nothing has been "finalized" since I have the choice to move my deposit onto the 328xi(deposit good until Nov.30th). Can I go about negotiating a better price, or am I locked in?

#451 ·
Keep in mind the Truecar.com prices do not take the new $1,500 rebate into consideration yet. You should subtract the $1,500 from their good price to get the new good price.

I didn't know you had already made the deal. If I were you, I would tell them I need the 335xi power but love the 328xi payment:). Ask them to split the difference.

#454 ·
hey guys. i ordered my 335xi coupe and got the production number about 11 days ago. i put the taxes down ($3500) and am paying $512/mo. Good deal?
car has or should have when it gets here:

-m sport package (manual)
-harmon kardon system
-coral red seats
-carbon fiber spoiler
-bmw assist
-heated seats

#455 ·
TrueCar.com is really starting to irritate some car manufacturers...Honda is threatening to pull advertising support money from participating dealers. I wonder where this will go. L.A. Times just ran an article about them. Hmm. Would BMW NA get tough if their dealers?

#457 · (Edited)
MSRP Options and Packages
PL53 - 335i xDrive Sedan Special Edition
ZRS - Jerez Black Special Edition Package
- Alarm System
- Comfort Access
- M Sport Package
- Auto Dimming Mirrors, Ext.
- Sport Seats
- Compass Mirror
- Park Distance Control - Rear
- M Leather Steering Wheel
- M Aerodynamics Package
- High Gloss Shadow Line
- Anthracite Roof Liner
- M Door Sill Finishers
- M Shift Knob (Manual Transmission Only)
- M Footrest
- Garage Door Opener
- 4-Way Power Lumbar Support
- Sirius Satellite Radio w/ 1 yr Subcription
- Smoker`s Package
- 19inch Mixed-width Performance Tires- Style 313M
- Carbon Leather Trim
- Piano Black Centre Console (BMW Individual)
- Stainless Steel Pedals
- BMW Performance Parts Power Kit w/ Engine Cooling Ducts
- BMW Performance Parts Sport Exhaust
ZRW - Executive Package
- Voice Control
- BMW Apps
- BMW Individual Audio System - Navigation
- Smart Phone Integration

Final Price including Taxes $61,123 - MSRP $60100 paid $58,200 plus taxes
Did a purchase not a lease at 1.9% $1060 a month

Think I did OK either way I will enjoy the car and it was only produced for 2 months Here is more info on this Special Edition.

BMW Canada is pleased to introduce the MY2011 BMW 335i xDrive Sedan Special Edition available only from
Production Weeks 27 through 35 (July/August).
The 335i xDrive Sedan Special Edition combines true exclusivity with enhanced driving dynamics. For the first time on a BMW 3 Series Sedan, 19***8221; alloy wheels are fitted from the factory. The Style 313M wheel compliments the M Aerodynamic Kit to create a sporty and appealing design package. The highlight of the interior is the Carbon Leather trim, directly from the M3 Sedan. BMW has never used this interior trim on any model other than the M3. With a focus on interior aesthetics, the Smokers Package is installed in the centre console, including a cover for the ashtray and 12V socket. The centre console is trimmed with BMW Individual Piano Black wood for a deep and glossy finish. The interior is completed with an array of stainless steel pedals.
Vehicle dynamics will be further accentuated with the BMW Performance Parts Power Kit, increasing the engine output to 320hp (+20hp) and 332 lb-ft (+32lb-ft). The Power Kit, with its Overboost Function will allow temporary torque output of up to 369 lb-ft. Combined with the BMW Performance Parts Sport Exhaust, this cat-back exhaust system adds style and presence with its single-wall stainless steel finishers and pronounced acoustics.
The BMW 335i xDrive Sedan Special Edition will be offered in two exclusive colour combinations:
1. Jerez Black Metallic Paint with Black Dakota Leather upholstery
Jerez Black has only been offered on the BMW M3 until now.
2. Ruby Black Metallic Paint with Oyster Dakota Leather upholstery
Ruby Black is from the BMW Individual range of paints. This exclusive paint with Xirallic® pigments reveal a subtle red undertone in specific light conditions.
While the 335i xDrive Special Edition is enhanced with a plethora of additional standard equipment, an optional Executive Package (ZRW) and 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with M Steptronic Shift Paddles (ZER) will also be available.
The pricing of the 335i xDrive Special Edition will be communicated shortly.
Due to the limited production, vehicles will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. With the additional lead time required to build these Special Editions, retailers are requested to submit orders for these editions by Friday May 27th using the attached order form. When completing the order form, please anticipate your requirements for the remainder of the year and order accordingly.
Complete equipment details for the MY2011 335i xDrive Sedan Special Edition is attached.
For administrative convenience, this document may include references, processes or information for authorized BMW car retailers, authorized BMW SAV retailers and/or authorized BMW Individual retailers. All references, processes or information related to BMW SAVs and/or BMW X5s are intended ONLY for authorized BMW SAV retailers. All references, processes or information related to the BMW Individual Collection are intended ONLY for authorized BMW Individual retailers. Page 1 of 5

3 Series-2011-11

For use within the BMW organization only

Tel.: 905-428-4915 Fax: 905-428-4940
BMW Canada Inc.
2011 Product Planning Bulletin
Special Edition Package (ZRP/ZRS)
***8226; M Sport Package
***8226; SportSeats
***8226; High Gloss-Shadow Line
***8226; AnthraciteRoofLiner
***8226; M Leather Steering Wheel
***8226; Heated Steering Wheel deleted
***8226; M Aerodynamics Package
***8226; M Door Sill Finishers
***8226; M Shift Knob (Manual Transmission Only)
***8226; M Footrest
***8226; Alarm System
***8226; Garage Door Opener
***8226; Comfort Access
***8226; Auto Dimming Mirrors, Exterior
***8226; 4-way Lumbar Support, Power
***8226; Compass Mirror
***8226; Park Distance Control, Rear
***8226; Sirius Satellite Radio with 1-year Subscription
***8226; Smokers Package
***8226; 19***8221; Style 313M
***8226; Mixed-width Performance Tires
***8226; Carbon Leather Trim (from BMW M3)
***8226; Piano Black Centre Console (BMW Individual)
***8226; Stainless Steel pedals
***8226; BMW Performance Parts Power Kit
***8226; Foglights deleted to accomodate engine cooling ducts
***8226; BMW Performance Parts Sport Exhaust
19***8221; Style 313M Alloy Wheel
Carbon Leather Trim
(Red stitching shown not included)
Stainless Steel Pedals
BMW Performance Parts Sport Exhaust
BMW Performance Parts Power Kit with additional engine cooling ducts
Executive package (ZRW)
***8226; Navigation
***8226; Voice Control
***8226; Smart Phone Integration
***8226; BMW Apps
***8226; BMW Individual Audio System
6-Speed Automatic Transmission with M Steptronic Shift Paddles (ZER)
For administrative convenience, this document may include references, processes or information for authorized BMW car retailers, authorized BMW SAV retailers and/or authorized BMW Individual retailers. All references, processes or information related to BMW SAVs and/or BMW X5s are intended ONLY for authorized BMW SAV retailers. All references, processes or information related to the BMW Individual Collection are intended ONLY for authorized BMW Individual retailers.

3 Series-2011-11
Issued 05/13/11
For use within the BMW organization only
BMW Canada Inc.
Jerez Black Metallic Paint & Black Dakota Leather Upholstery (ZRS)
Note: Diopside Black Metallic paint shown. Jerez Black Metallic is a slightly lighter shade of black.
Note: Carbon Leather Trim not shown
For administrative convenience, this document may include references, processes or information for authorized BMW car retailers, authorized BMW SAV retailers and/or authorized BMW Individual retailers. All references, processes or information related to BMW SAVs and/or BMW X5s are intended ONLY for authorized BMW SAV retailers. All references, processes or information related to the BMW Individual Collection are intended ONLY for authorized BMW Individual retailers. Page 3 of 5

Ruby Black Metallic Paint & Oyster Dakota Leather Upholstery (ZRP)
Note: Carbon Leather Trim not shown

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.