BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New front spoiler lip for M-sport

38K views 68 replies 29 participants last post by  NYC535iowner 
#1 ·
See less See more
#59 ·
Guys and Gals,

For those of you with the front spoiler, how much lower from the ground does it stand compared to the stock M bumper? For those that want an updated link to the site, here it is:

http://www.rdsport.com/store/model/7/f0x/front-lip-spoiler-for-m-trim.html

Is this material as good or better than ABS plastics? I have hear that it is very stiff, expands and contracts with change in temperature more so than ABS, and will crack compared to ABS. OEM bumpers are ABS plastic, and I can trust that, but is FRP durable or just as good as ABS?

For $795 plus shipping between $50-$100, that's kind of expensive for FRP material. Compared to a B7 spoiler OEM, it's only $355 shipped or discounted at the dealership.

#60 ·
Pricey...yes. There is no other front lip available for M-Sport vehicles and I looked far and wide. Unless there is a new release since last year, this is it. It is a little stiff but if you have it professionally installed it will be fine. I have had no issues with expansion or contraction. It is beautiful and makes the car a head turner, much like when I stuff my crotch with a live bear cub.

Sent from bighorns' toilet.

#62 ·
And it hangs about an inch lower than the msport lip. If you also lower your car, it will be extremely low and will clear no curbs when parking.

#63 ·
An inch would bring it the the same height as my 5 er with stock suspensions and 19" Radenergie. It would never clear curb or parking stoppers. :eek: Not go mention 85% of the egress/ingress inclines around here. :bawling::bawling:

Why FRP and not ABS? That makes the decision harder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.